Xmas Fund 2011: Creating Smiles & Joy!

Tema en 'MISCELLANEOUS' iniciado por RT Gooch, 28 Sep 2011.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

As is the tradition here at PeruTops, the 2011 Children's Christmas Drive is underway. Last year, we were able to bring Christmas to hundreds of Peruvian kids who otherwise would not have had a holiday to celebrate. The goal this year is 500 kids. One of the organizers of the event, Kasius, explains it much better than I could in the Spanish Forum. Here's what he has to say (translation by Darth Plagueis... I just cleaned it up a little):

Dear Friends:

This year as in previous years we will again undertake our solidarity and social inclusion project called: "Creating Smiles and Joy".

With this project we want to somehow call upon our solidarity which lives within the hearts of the foristas, but due to work, family... school obligations, we don’t always allow it to be expressed, by selecting a day and a special excuse to get together, and do something for those who need it most in locations noted for extreme poverty and lack of services.

This project asks that each forista, of his own free will, to have the goal to do something -- anything -- for the chosen poor neighborhood(s), for our neighbors, for others, for those who need it, somehow changing that their day and perhaps also their life. The important thing about this small great gesture will be how big it is for the recipient and the love and caring with which it is given.

The foundation of this initiative is that it is these small gestures which make a person great. Sometimes for various reasons, often due to work commitments, we put off our intentions to do something to help others. That is why we choose a specific day for the purpose of doing something for others... this allows us to plan tasks and focus on what is needed and get down to work. The result, no doubt, will be to wake the next day to a slightly better world, and maybe we would have made some new friends along the way.

We are convinced that, if we take this commitment with determination, responsibility, permanence and true spirit of solidarity, the first smile we will draw and cheer is our own.

In this regard, there are several ways we can help:

• First: By donating any toy or clothes for children between the ages of 0 and 11 years.
    • Second: By donating some required supplies for a mega party for the kids. (Sugar, disposable cups, napkins, spoons, pans, Christmas cakes, chocolate, etc.)
    • Third: By making a money donation by means of a deposit in a bank account to be designated.
    • Fourth: By becoming a volunteer for a specific project among those organized either in Lima, Trujillo, Chiclayo or other cities where a group of foristas is willing to have an event.
    That day we will draw happiness and smiles and, I assure you, we will become heroes for someone in need.

Our Motto: Let’s spread the happiness by creating 1,000 smiles.
    In reality, most of the readers of the English Forum here at PeruTops will probably 0nly be able to support this cause with cash.

If you need further encouragement, click here to see photos of one of last year's events. Warning: The photos of the cute children holding Christmas presents will pull on your heartstrings.

If you want to help, and will be in Peru, write to me and I will send you the bank information so you can make your deposit.

For those out of Peru, if you want to contribute to the fund, there are a few different ways to go about it:

• You can paypal your donation to rtgooch@mail.com. I will cover the paypal fee, so 100% of your donation gets to the kids.
    • If you don't want to use PayPal, drop me a line and I send you a snail mail address for a check.
    • If you will be in Lima the same time as I will (see dates in my signature), we can meet up. Your reward: First beer on me!
    Previous years have also featured raffles for time with a girl and the always-popular stripper-of-the-year contest. Check the Spanish section for details in the coming weeks.

Thanks in advance. I know that there are a lot of ways to be charitable, and a lot of people that need help all over the world. If you can fit this one into your personal mix, that's awesome!

RT Gooch, 28 Sep 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Chemist86, PajaroBravo y Sexy boy les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

As promised, the festivities are already under way in support of the 2011 Children's Christmas Fund.

If you want to get in on a raffle to win either an hour or a half hour with a girl who advertises on kinestops, now's your chance. Click here to read the Spanish thread explaining the raffle.

Tickets are 10 soles, and the winners will be announced the first week of November.

Of course, you can also just donate money to support the fund. Read the post above for instructions on how to do just that.

RT Gooch, 1 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A PajaroBravo le gusta esto.

Chemist86

Capitan

73%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hello guys in the English forum as RT said u can now get the chance to win an hour or 1/2 an hour with a beautiful girl that advertises in Kinestops. Remember that the girl you choose will give an 'special treatment':D:D knowing that you are supporting our Christmas fund

Guys it is 0nly 10 soles but u can buy more tickets and your chances to win will be bigger. If u buy 4 tickets u get one for free (this ticket 0nly applies to the second place prize-1/2 an hour). You can send me a private message and i will give the account number so that you can make your deposit and then post your winner numbers.

Chemist86, 1 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A PajaroBravo y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Shameless bump of this great cause to bring it to the front page of the forum!

RT Gooch, 11 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Mik88

Usuario Baneado.

BANEADO
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Género:
    Masculino
    Hi there I`m from Peru and want make my donation Via Paypal can Mp me for make this
    regards

Mik88, 17 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Of course... check your messages!

Thanks!!!!! :D

RT Gooch, 17 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Mik88

Usuario Baneado.

BANEADO
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Género:
    Masculino
    Be done Money transfer for X-mas Fund 2011

Here the receipt:

http://www./images/vb2r8gubh2lqcrbez7g.jpg

Thanks

Mik88, 17 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

I want to be the first to thank MIK88 for his generous donation of US$53 towards this year's Christmas kids' fund.

Your generosity is really appreciated.

I will deposit his money (along with any other we collect) in the fund's bank account when I get back to Lima in November.

If you want to help, and will be in Peru, write to me and I will send you the bank information so you can make your deposit.

For those out of Peru, if you want to contribute to the fund, there are a few different ways to go about it:

• You can paypal your donation to rtgooch@mail.com. I will cover the paypal fee, so 100% of your donation gets to the kids.
    • If you don't want to use PayPal, drop me a line and I send you a snail mail address for a check.
    • If you will be in Lima the same time as I will (see dates in my signature), we can meet up. Your reward: First beer on me!

RT Gooch, 17 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

carlos1955

Recluta

17%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I am also in Peru now and i will making my donation in person the next time Mr. RT Gooch arrives. It is for a great cause these guys do lots and lots of work to put the smiles on children's faces so please dig deep and see what we can all do to help them out.

carlos1955, 17 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A PajaroBravo y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Here's a friendly reminder that we're still trying to collect as much money as we can for this year's Christmas kids' fund.

It's a good cause, and just a few dollars can go a long way to giving some kid in Peru the opportunity to celebrate the holiday with a smile (and a wrapped present)!

The best part is, you can help others without leaving your computer... read below.

In advance, thanks. This is a good cause, and it is heartening to see the local guys come together to help some kids that they don't even know. For me, the least I can do is throw a few dollars their way.

RT Gooch, 25 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Shameless Bump!

(Pulling rank as Moderator! :D )

RT Gooch, 30 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Sly One

Sargento

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Yes,
    I will be do a Chrismas Party again this year. Saturaday Dec 10
    Exclusively for Perutops Members.(Mamimum 6 guys)
    I will charge a little more than usual say 350 soles in order in make some money.
    But all profits like last year will be donated towards the Kidz Christmas fund.

I will donate all the liquor so that is also money in the account.

RT, can you handle the advertising of this event on Perutops like you did last year.
    It will be money up front again to ensure the kidz get the money and the event is a financial success.
    Sly

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Of Course. I wish that I could be there for the party again!

Sly One, 30 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Please click here to read all about the upcoming Christmas Fund Orgy.

It's a great way to help out those less fortunate and also meet (and screw) 5-8 willing young ladies... all at the same time! :D

RT Gooch, 30 Oct 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

I am very proud to announce that I just received a paypal transmission of US$20 from a lurker who wanted to make a donation. His comment was, "Put some smiles on those kids faces!"

The beautiful thing is, that's exactly what will happen.

This brings the total of people who have sent donations through my account to $73. When I get to town in 10 days, I will convert the dollars to soles and deposit it in the fund's account.

If you'd like to help out, feel free. Remember, I will cover all paypal fees, so 100% of your donation goes to help these kids have a happy holiday. Send me a message, or paypal your donation to rtgooch@mail.com. Thanks.

RT Gooch, 4 Nov 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Some days, everything makes me feel good. Today is one of those days.

I just received another paypal transmission. This one was a donation of US$50 from a monger who saw my mention of the fund-raising efforts going on here in another forum. He confirmed my paypal address and boom!... there was the money.

I am unclear whether or not he wants to remain anonymous. I will return to shout his handle from the rooftops if it turns out that is his desire.

Anyway, the early total here in the foro ingles is $123 from three guys. I suspect that one of the donations was from a Peruvian board member who just took advantage of donating via paypal, but what the heck, we will take it! :D

I will convert all the donations into soles and deposit the money when I get to Lima next week.

If you'd like to help out, jump right in. Remember, I will cover all paypal fees, so 100% of your donation goes to help these kids have a happy holiday. Send me a message, or paypal your donation to rtgooch@mail.com. There are other ways to get your donation into the pipeline, so send me a message if you're interested. Thanks.

RT Gooch, 6 Nov 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Juan Alimaña

Teniente

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    Hey RT,
    I should be sending you my contribution shortly. It's easier for me to send you a check. Let me know if that is ok?

Juan

Juan Alimaña, 11 Nov 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Of course that's fine. I will send you my snail mail address privately.

Thanks, once again, for your support of this great cause.

RT Gooch, 11 Nov 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I went to the bank today. Here's the deposit slip from Mr. Anonymous' $50:

[​IMG]

RT Gooch, 14 Nov 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Here's that gentlemen's $20 in the bank:

[​IMG]

RT Gooch, 14 Nov 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    MIK88's money is now in the bank!

[​IMG]

Thanks to all the guys that have donated so far. If you want to help out, drop me a line. We can handle the whole thing via PayPal, and I will cover all costs, so all of your donation gets to the fund!

RT Gooch, 14 Nov 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página