La Carreta / San Isidro / Steak

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 26 May 2008.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    La Carreta
    Av. Rivera Navarrete #740
    San Isidro
    442-2690
    Link temporary removed

RT here.

On our last night in town, both my friend and I felt like a steak. I consulted my trusty restaurant guide (thanks again, Tigre), and decided on La Caretta.

What a good choice. My problem is that I probably can name two dozen 'must-visit' restaurants in Lima, and the list just keeps growing.

La Carreta is located in an old colonial-type hacienda. As you enter, you see the grill and a glass display refrigerator on your right. My mouth was watering before we even entered.

The steaks were fabulous. My friend had the New York Strip, and I went with the skirt steak. Both were cooked to perfection. My side potatoes were called 'waffle fries', but they were even thinner and could have passed for potato chips, except for the fact that they were fresh and hot from the kitchen. My friend raved about his mashed potatoes, too.

For our appetizers, we had two different mushroom dishes, one stuffed and the other in a garlic sauce. The stuffed ones were very good, and the ones in the garlic sauce were outstanding.

The service was as good as the food. The waiters were attentive without being annoying. Like all restaurants in Lima, we had to beg for ice, but once we got our point across, our waiter brought us a bucket full.

The tab for the two of us, including the cover charge, two appetizers, two steaks and two soft drinks, was 199.20 Soles. There was some confusion as to what tip was included on the check (I now think that it was 5%), so we left an additional 30 Soles as a tip, all in total. The hostess is Canadian, so there were no translation problems to worry about.

The servings were more than generous. My friend had a hard time finishing his steak (I never have to worry abut that), and either of the appetizers would have been enough for the two of us.

Would I return? Of course. I just have to schedule a two-month visit next time.

RT Gooch, 26 May 2008

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I revisited La Carreta two weeks ago.

My friend and I both had the Lomo; his was straight up and mine was au poivre. The folks at the next table had the Parriada (mixed grill). I stole a shot while they were at the salad bar.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 24 Abr 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Darth Tyranus le gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Three of us went to La Carreta last week.

The quality remains very high, as are the service levels... I don't get there a lot, just because it is out in San Isidro, and it's a little costly.

Pictured below are the stuffed mushrooms appetizer, the Pork Lomo, and the Tuna in Pepper Sauce.

Everything was delicious. Dinner for three, including four pisco drinks, a couple of soft drinks, appetizers and main dishes (no dessert), ran about US$ 170.00.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 25 Mar 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página