Circuito Magico de Agua / Parque de la Reserva

Tema en 'MISCELLANEOUS' iniciado por RT Gooch, 8 Feb 2009.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Good morning.

Back in 2007, the city of Lima took one of their existing parks and put in a bunch of big, flashy, pretty, water fountains and voila... El Circuito Magico de Agua!

Despite the glowing descriptions on the Lima tourist sites, it didn't sound like much to me. But, I am here with a friend and his wife and we have to do lots of tourist stuff, so we gave it a whirl.

I was surprised. The fountains were nice, and despite my usual dislike for this kind of place, I found myself smiling and enjoying the evening while I shot some photos. Shooting lit things at night from a distance with just a little digital camera does not nearly do these fountains justice... the sights were prettier than I am showing here:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Along with the fountains, I also enjoyed watching all of the families (from babies to abuelas) spending an evening together. You don't see that much good, clean fun back home, and it further reminded me of the many reasons I enjoy being a guest in this country.

Admission to the park is 0nly 4 Soles per person. We spent an hour there -- it seemed like that was the right amount of time. The park opens at 4:00 pm until 11:00 Wednesday through Sunday and on holidays. According to the map/flyer that they gave us, the park and fountains are listed in the Guiness Book of World Records in a couple of categories.

We wondered if the photo opportunities would be better while it is light out. You give up some of the drama at night, but shooting without a flash probably helps a lot.

The taxi from Parque Kennedy in Miraflores ran 10 Soles. I think that we got gringo taxed a little, but not very much. There was no problem getting a ride back when we left.

RT Gooch, 8 Feb 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A drais y gunslinger les gusta esto.

Devildog

Recluta

7%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hello RT, big fan Of your writing on this site, thanks for the insight of this location. I'm gonna be heading to lime next month from the 11th to the 28th for vacation and hopefully i visit this place, well thanks again and as a new member always waiting for the insights of all the lima places you visit, take care end enjoy lima.

Devildog, 8 Feb 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

shadowman

Cabo

18%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I've been there a couple of times with chicas now, and it seems to create a good vibe with them. The smiling people and kids spread an infectious cheer through the rest of the people there, and the girls seem to think that it's both fun and romantic. As RT says, it's cheap, and it's something different, and if you're feeling brave there's a couple of fountains you can actually play in. If you're going to go, take a girl there, because if you're going in a group of guys or something along those lines then the biigest benefit of the place is lost.

shadowman, 8 Feb 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página