Segundo Muelle / Multiple Locations / Mariscos

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 3 May 2007.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    [​IMG]
    Segundo Muelle
    Av. Conquistadores 490
    San Isidro
    421-1206
    www.segundomuelle.com

Three other locations are also scattered about town
    [​IMG]

I was walking along Av. Conquistadores around lunchtime one day last week. This street is rife with excellent-looking restaurants, so I stopped and looked in the windows and at menus of many of them. The selection, the prices, and the beautiful look of the food pictured on the menu at Segundo Muelle made my decision easy.

I got there at 12:30 and was seated immediately. If I had been there a half hour later, there would have been a wait -- the place got packed and people were milling about, waiting to be seated next. My table wasn't even fully cleaned before the next set of patrons were being seated.

I ordered the Panquita Pulpo (grilled octopus) and Tiradito Nikkei de Atun (as close as I could tell, tuna carpaccio). Both items were delicious, but neither of them were as generous a portion or as beautifully plated as they were pictured on the menu. The menu also boasted many different ceviche combinations -- they seemed to be a popular choice among the diners sitting near me.

The total tab (with a soda) came to 55 Soles (about $17.50). Despite the slight disappointment of reality vs. the pictured items, I would eat there again.

RT Gooch, 3 May 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

tactalista

Recluta

30%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Good find. I got a recommendation from a Sushi Chef to try the Segundo Muelle in Miraflores. It is across the Malacon and down a bit from Parque Amour. I was totally satisfied. I had the Pulpo too, btw and it was the star. I drove by the San Isidro location you went to a few days later and it looks to be more upscale then the Parque Amour version. Totally recommended. Not cheap by Lima standards but truly Sabroso.

tactalista, 9 Nov 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Saint

Recluta

40%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I friend who eats here every Sunday(6 mos of the year), went the last two weeks and it sucked both times. The next time he went it had been closed by the Municipalidad (probable health violations), do not know about the other locales.

Saint, 21 Nov 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Saint

Recluta

40%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    They were closed down, but have since been allowed to reopen.BTW they have 4 locations in Lima and two in Mexico.

Saint, 5 Dic 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I went to segundo muelle in November 2015 and ate their "tacu tacu con picante de mariscos" for 38 soles. it was tasty. Here is a pic.

Ver el archivo adjunto 63791

joe1015, 21 Ene 2016

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A rsp85, Sergio Armani y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

Compartir esta página