Griglia A La Italiana

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 18 Feb 2007.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Excerpted from my 28 January 2007 Field Report

[​IMG]
    Griglia A La Italiana
    Av. Dos de Mayo #785
    San Isidro – 441-9715
    (Note: I did not take the above photo – I found it on the web. I did take the ones that follow)
    [​IMG]

Griglia A La Italiana is an Italian restaurant that features Argentinean beef, along with pizzas and pastas. It consists of a large dining room (there was second, unused room as well), all decked out in dark wood. Its most noticeable feature is the hundreds of different liquor bottles hanging from the ceiling.
    [​IMG]

The restaurant has an extensive menu, and extensive prices, too. I didn't know it at the time, but I had stumbled upon another place in Lima with an excellent reputation. And from our meal, I can heartily recommend the joint.

My date started out with a Pina Colada, and I had a soda. For her main course, she ordered crab-stuffed raviolis in a shrimp sauce, and I had the special – a half-pound Argentinean steak with a side of fettuccini. My steak was delicious, and she socked away all of her raviolis, except the one that she gave me to taste. Incredibly, she found room for dessert, too. I don't know where this girl puts all this food – she can't weigh 100 pounds soaking wet.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The total bill, including the sodas, coffee, 0nly one drink, and additional tip, came to 160 soles ($50). If I hadn't ordered the special, it would have probably added another $10 to the check. I would certainly eat there again, but I would probably check out a couple of the other places on the street as well.

RT Gooch, 18 Feb 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

ComputerGuy

Recluta

97%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I had dinner here tonight and I have to say this was one of the best meals I've ever eaten in my life. I started off with carpaccio de lomo for an appetizer and it was a meal in itself. Of course I didn't stop there and for the main course I had about 5 pounds of Argentinian beef in pimienta negra (black pepper) sauce and carne ravioli in alfredo sauce. This meal will be etched into my pallete forever it was that good. The 0nly downside is the price...dinner for 1 came to 150 soles with tip. Well worth it though if you want to treat yourself to a really great meal.

ComputerGuy, 20 Mar 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I agree with CG. You did have three courses, though.

I bet that the raviolis were 39 soles, all on their own. I understand that some pasta dishes are a lot of work, but I have a problem paying steak prices for pasta. This isn't just an issue in Lima, but I run into it in Italian restaurants all over the world.

But boy, are they good!

RT Gooch, 21 Mar 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página