PT 2013 Christmas Kids Fund: Together For A Smile

Tema en 'MISCELLANEOUS' iniciado por RT Gooch, 21 Jul 2013.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Ver el archivo adjunto 57616
    RT here.

Every year, in a massive show of Caring About Those Less Fortunate, the guys (and girls) here at PeruTops raise funds and bring a Christmas Party and Gifts to a poor neighborhood somewhere on the outskirts of Lima.

This will be the 5th year for the festivities. Last year's event was in Ventanilla, and we brought Chocolate Milk, Paneton and Gifts to about 650 kids who otherwise would not have done much in the way of celebrating the holiday.

Usually, I just hand the organizers some cash and get on with my life. I had the privilege of attending last year's fiesta, and it was -- in a word -- overwhelming. The kids were amazingly well-behaved, and the attendees (kids and their parents) showed a level of gratitude and happiness that I just don't get to see here at home. I had such a good time, I scheduled my year-end trip to allow me to again attend.

You can read about how the event went by clicking here. These are just a few of the photos I took during the party. Click to enlarge.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's where you come in: If you're going to be in Lima at the end of December, let me know, and you can help the day of the event. All I did was carry boxes, take pictures, practice my Spanish with the kids, let the kids who knew a little English practice with me, helped give out gifts, and walked out of there felling like a Million Bucks. You can, too. There's always boxes to carry. You can click here to see the Spanish thread about volunteering your time.

If you won't be in town then, you can still contribute to the event. The guys in the Spanish Forum are well under way with their plans to raise funds. They're raffling off dates with girls, there's usually the annual Stripper of the Year competition, there's the Soccer tournament, the pool tournament, and a host of other fund-raising events planned. If your Spanish is up to snuff, you can read all about it by clicking here.

Here in the English Forum, we keep it simpler. We have two main ways of raising funds here:
    1. Sly One's Annual Charity Orgy
    2. I harass people for money.

Regular visitors here know that Sly One throws 'parties' every couple of weeks. They usually have 5 or 6 guys, and two more girls than guys. I attended 2011's Fund Raiser as Celebrity Bartender, and everyone had a blast. I was afraid that it would be a little strange to be there, but it went really well, a good time was had by all, and we raised some nice money for the kids. This year's Charity Orgy is scheduled for Saturday night, November 30. If you're planning to be in town, that's a great way to contribute and get your rocks off at the same time. We will be announcing more details as the date nears. I'm flying in this year to attend the Orgy.

Here's the Harass People for Money Part: I know that there are many ways for everyone to help those in need. This one is no better or worse than any other. If you haven't yet decided where give back this year, please consider this fund. The people working on it are very dedicated, and there's 100% accountability in all aspects of the money. You can read the accounting thread by clicking here.

You can get your donation into the pipeline in a few different ways:
    * If you are going to be in Lima, drop me a line and I will get you the bank information, and you can make a deposit on your own.
    * You can PayPal the money to me at [email protected] -- I have three trips planned before the Christmas event, and I will deliver the money when I am in Peru. As before, I will cover the PayPal fee, so 100% of your donation goes to the fund. This has worked well in the past.
    * If you prefer to do this non-electronically, write to me and I will give you my snail-mail address, and you can send a check.

That's about it for now. I feel very strongly about this after attending last year's event. Almost by definition, anyone reading this forum has some Discretionary Dollars in their pocket. The price of just one 15-minute session at Las Cucardas could go a long way to making some kids' Holidays a great one. Please give something if you can. Thank you.

RT Gooch, 21 Jul 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Reporting on our first donation here in the English Forum.

Please join me in thanking Jake for his $30 donation to the "Unidos por una Sonrisa" fund. I will deposit the money in the funds' account when I am in town next week.

Ift's not too early to contribute. You can Paypal the money to me at [email protected], or write me for other ways to get your donation into the pipeline. It's for a really good cause.

RT Gooch, 11 Ago 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Help me thank Dorian Gray for his donation of $20 to the "Unidos por una Sonrisa" fund.

It came via PayPal this morning. That brings our total here in Gringolandia to $50 so far. I will mak the deposit when I get to town this week.

If you want to jump onto the Helping Others bandwagon, you can Paypal the money to me at [email protected], or write me for other ways to get your donation into the pipeline.

Thanks again, Dorian!!!!

RT Gooch, 12 Ago 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Jake's money made it to the bank this morning. You can see the post and the receipt here! Thanks again, Jake!

RT Gooch, 17 Ago 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Naughtiestkitty y PajaroBravo les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Dorian's money made it to the bank this morning. You can see the post and the receipt here! Thanks again, Dorian!

RT Gooch, 17 Ago 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Here's my donation of 250 Soles for the Christmas fund.
    [​IMG]

If you want to contribute, you can send your money to me via PayPal. I will pay the fees, so 100% of your donation goes to the kids. If you will e in Lima, write me, and I will give you the bank account information and you can donate directly. Or you can send me a check, or meet me on a street corner, or whatever.

RT Gooch, 23 Ago 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    Hey RT,
    Just got back from vacation. Can I send my contribution (check) to the address you gave me the last time?

Juan

Juan Alimaña, 23 Ago 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Naughtiestkitty, RT Gooch y PajaroBravo les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Of course!!!!!

Chevere!

RT Gooch, 23 Ago 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Naughtiestkitty y Juan Alimaña les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here with a reminder.

It's September and Christmas is just around the corner.

We're finalizing the plans for our Annual Charity Orgy for the end of November... see you there.

Also, you can just make a donation the old-fashioned way... by sending money.

You can paypal your donation to me ([email protected]), or write me for a snail-mail address, if that works better. If you'll be in Peru, send me a PM and I will get you the bank deposit information.

No amount is too small. If you can help, the kids will greatly appreciate it!
    [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 9 Sep 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A PajaroBravo le gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Well, if there's one thing you can count on around here, it is Juan Alimana's ongoing generosity.

The deposit was made yesterday of Juan's 275 Sol (US$100) donation to the kid's Christmas Fund.

[​IMG]

Thanks, Juan... you're a great guy, and this will go far to making the kids' Christmas special.

Juan wound up sending me the money via Western Union (he didn't want a trail making its way back to his house), but there are many easier ways to make your donation:

1. If you're going to be in Lima, write to me and I will give you the banking information. You don't need to speak Spanish to put money in the bank.
    2. Paypal your donation to me at [email protected] -- I will pay any transaction fees, so 100% of your donation gets in the pipeline and to the kids.
    3. Send me a check and I will get the money where it needs to go. Write me for my snail mail address.
    4. Meet me in Lima! I will be there on November 30 through December 4, and again on the 14th through Christmas. First drink is on me.
    5. Come to our annual Orgy Fundraiser. It is on November 30. We will be announcing it soon, but the date is set.
    6. Attend one of the MANY events sponsored by the guys in the Spanish side of the Forum. You can get an idea of what they are up to by clicking here.

I've said it before, but here goes: I know that there are many different ways and places to share with those less fortunate. None are better than the others; they're all good. If you haven't decided where you are going to help this year, I hope that you consider this fund. Last year, I had the privilege of attending the fiesta with over 500 kids in Ventanilla, and it was the most heartwarming thing I did all of 2012.

You don't have to donate a lot... any amount will help. For just $20 -- less than the price of just one 3-minute lap dance here in Florida -- you can help bring a smile to five kids who wouldn't otherwise receive a toy on Christmas. Please give if you can.

RT Gooch, 2 Oct 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    LOL. Hey man, I had to take the necessary precautions. I do need to learn how use Paypal – WU is now asking too many questions and even requires an ID to send money!

Thank you, RT for going through all the trouble of retrieving the cash. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to collect and deposit my small contribution.

Juan

Juan Alimaña, 3 Oct 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. With your start-of-November reminder.

The Holidays are coming, and I invite you to participate in PeruTops' annual holiday charity efforts. We bring a Christmas party and gifts to more than 500 poor Peruvian children that otherwise wouldn't have much to celebrate.

The best way to get involved is with your time and effort. If you will be in Lima anytime in December, the committee will need your help. If you'll be there the week before Christmas, you've hit the jackpot! You can (if you'd like) come to the event and help. I went to last year's and it was a very, very rewarding afternoon.

If you can't help personally, well, this effort takes a lot of cash. Any size donation is welcome, and you can get the money in the pipeline through many different avenues:

1. If you're going to be in Lima, write to me and I will give you the banking information. You don't need to speak Spanish to put money in the bank.
    2. Paypal your donation to me at [email protected] -- I will pay any transaction fees, so 100% of your donation gets in the pipeline and to the kids.
    3. Send me a check and I will get the money where it needs to go. Write me for my snail mail address.
    4. Meet me in Lima! I will be there on November 30 through December 4, and again on the 14th through Christmas. First drink is on me.
    5. Come to our annual Orgy Fundraiser. It is on November 30. You can read about it by clicking here.

This is a really good cause that's being organized by a lot of really good people. If you can find either the time or the money to help, your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

And now, to tug on your heartstrings, here's some pictures of cute kids from last year's party:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 1 Nov 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Many people have asked, "RT, I'd love to help the kids. Can I go to the party and carry boxes and give out gifts?"

I tell them, "YES!!!! That would be the best way to help. And seeing these kids all happy and everything makes it 694570943 times better! Write to me for the details."

And then some people ask, "RT, I'd love to help the kids, but I won't be in Lima in December. What can I do?"

I tell them, "That's a shame, because if you were there, it would be chevere. But pulling off this event takes a lot of cash. And the good news is that you can donate cash from anywhere in the world!"

Now, here's your friendly announcer to tell you how:

1. Paypal your donation to [email protected] -- RT will pay any transaction fees, so 100% of your donation gets in the pipeline and to the kids.
    2. Send RT a check and he will get the money where it needs to go. Write to him for his snail mail address.
    3. Meet RT in Lima! He will be there on November 30 through December 4, and again on the 14th through Christmas. RT pledges to buy you your first drink or causa.
    4. Come to the annual Orgy Fundraiser. It is on November 30. You can read about it by clicking here.

RT Gooch, 17 Nov 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y PajaroBravo les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I am leaving for Lima on Friday (the orgy is Saturday), so if you want to send any donations along with me, drop me a line soon. See the post above to read about all the ways you can get your money to the kids.... thanks!

RT Gooch, 22 Nov 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A LoXoCo, Jack Jericho y PajaroBravo les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I hit my mother up for $100, and I put it in the bank today. Here's the receipt from mom's money:

[​IMG]

RT Gooch, 2 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here again.

Not 0nly did I annoy my mother, but I hounded everyone at work and many of my friends for money. I said, "here's pictures of poor, cute, kids. Give me money."

It worked. I collected another US$838.00. It went in the bank this morning.

[​IMG]

If you want to add to the fund, there's still time. Here's how:
    4. Meet me in Lima! I will be there on December 14th through Christmas. First drink is on me.

RT Gooch, 2 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Vasili Zaitzev y Juan Alimaña les gusta esto.

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    Bravo RT. You are the real Santa for these kids. I'm sure all contributors will be pleased when they see the pics of the kids holding their gifts.

Juan

Juan Alimaña, 2 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    The money from the Orgy has been deposited... that's another 1,400 soles for the kids. Click here to see the receipt.

Still not too late to help! See the posts above!!!!!

Thanks.

RT Gooch, 3 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

There's still time to throw a few bucks towards the Kids' Fund. For the price of one trip to Las Cucardas, you could bring a smile to the faces of about five kids that won't otherwise have anything to celebrate on Christmas.

Here's how:
    3. Meet me in Lima! I will be there on December 14th through Christmas. First drink is on me.

This is a really, really good cause, and the people involved are very hard-working and dedicated. If you can help, thanks.

RT Gooch, 8 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I was able to get a few more dollars from some more people when I was in Florida last week.

Here's the receipt for 148 Soles. I put the money in the bank on Saturday.

[​IMG]

There's still time! Write me, we can do PayPal!

RT Gooch, 15 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho, PajaroBravo y Juan Alimaña les gusta esto.

Compartir esta página