Pardo's Chicken...

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 18 Ago 2008.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    ...delivers at midnight on a Sunday.

It was pretty good, but that's not the point.

The point is that these guys brought me food in 20 minutes on Sunday at midnight.

This one is on Benavides in Miraflores. Their phone number is 446-4790. There's a bunch of them around town. You will need at least a little bit of Spanish skills to place your order.

RT Gooch, 18 Ago 2008

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

elchino-rosas

Platinium Member

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    pUTERO
    The best grilled chicken and with best time is the pardos chiken , attention is first i would suggest that the fellow tourists take a tour of larcomar there is on the 2ND level the restaurante a chicken with their potatoes salad something comes out of 35 Soles , apart from has the q is called 2 by one in all the drinks from 4 pm to 8 pm i take with my lady pisco sour of championship , apart from there are grilled meat and good have a view of the mar q is the nice thing of place .enjoy

elchino-rosas, 5 Abr 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

electro

General

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Ingeniero
    I respectfully disagree, Hardly the best- the original is la granja azul. While it is a strecth to go to santa eulalia, you might go to la granja del abuelo for the same receipe

Ask someone in their fifties about la granja azul- this is where it all started and still the best chicken of all....

electro, 5 Abr 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    There are tons of rotisserie chicken places in Lima. I have eaten at most of the popular rotisserie chicken chain restaurants. IMHO, most places can prepare a comparable tasting chicken. Pardos is consistent and tasty. my go-to dish is their standard pollo a la brasa(pecho or breast) with a side of fries and salad. on a weekly basis, I have it delivered to my apt. and I eat in their restaurants all the time. What brings me back is their salsa/crema de aji. I have become accustomed their salsa de aji. it is a bit creamy tasting(not everybody will like it).

joe1015, 8 Oct 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

Jack Jericho

MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

32%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    La Granja Azul is, indeed, the best (Although El Pillo, located right next to La Granja Azul and run by the other son of the original Granja Azul owner, comes in a very very close second), but it doesn't count. Those two are in a category of themselves and cannot be compared with the other Pollo-a-la-brasa restaurants in Lima, for many reasons.

- First, they are out of the city, going west by the Carretera Central (the road that goes up to the mountains) all the way to Santa Clara, a good hour in Taxi from Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco or any of the turistic or residential districts of the city.

- Second, they don't offer the same service; they are very upscale touristic restaurants that offer 0nly a very very very expensive all-you-can-eat option for pollo-a-la-brasa.

- Third, they don't offer the same product; they offer baby-chicken-a-la-brasa, barely the size of a big pigeon but incomparably tender and delicious. Certainly the best pollo-a-la-brasa in Peru and, since it is an all-you-can-eat offer, the size really doesn't matter.

La Granja Azul, by the way, has opened a restaurant in Asia (61 miles south of Lima and open 0nly in Summer) where they serve pollo-a-la-brasa by quarters, halves and entire chickens, like all the other pollo-a-la-brasa restaurants, and I've tried it. IMHO it is not any better (or worse) than any of the other best known pollo-a-la-brasa in Lima. They don't offer the baby chicken nor the all-you-can-eat option in the Asia venue.

Jack Jericho, 14 Oct 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    The current price for a quarter rotisserie chicken with french fries and a small salad at Pardos chicken is 16.90 soles dine in and 17.90 soles delivered. I know this is a pardos thread but this year I have eaten at Pappas grill quite a bit which is a competing rotisserie chicken restaurant. I have taken a liking to Pappas grill as they have a similarly priced quarter chicken combo on their menu plus their tray of salsas is very tasty and spicy. Note that there is a Pappas grill location in Miraflores on Diez Canseco. Hmmmm, can't help but think of that famousDiablito nightclub just a few doors away...

joe1015, 11 Jun 2015

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Here is a pic of Pardo's plate called the Pardos parrillero (one fourth) de pecho, sabor original, con papas fritas y ensalada cocida. it is a de-boned marinated in garlic seasoning and flattened piece of chicken meat. current pricing is 21.90 dine in, 22.90 delivered. Next time I will snap a pic of their salsa de aji and salsa vinagrette.

Ver el archivo adjunto 63781

joe1015, 19 Ene 2016

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página