Question from a lurker: Black people in Lima?

Tema en 'MISCELLANEOUS' iniciado por RT Gooch, 7 Sep 2007.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Good afternoon. RT here.

I received the following PM today:
    I told the guy that I hadn't personally seen many Black Americans here, but I also do not see many Americans here at all.

I also told him that the color that matters the most to the girls is green, but I offered to post his question. So, here it is. Any input would be appreciated.

RT

RT Gooch, 7 Sep 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Antonioeleele

Recluta

10%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    There is about a 5-8% of the Peruvian population that can be considered of African descent. They tend to be concentrated on some coastal areas like Chincha and Ica where they are very numerous, although of course there are many others all along the coastal area. In Lima, they tend to be concentrated in the poorer areas, which may explain why you saw 0nly a few of them in Miraflores. As in others parts of the world, there are many exceptions, like football players, singers, models, and increasingly, officers, politicians and professionals of African descent. However, their numbers are still small compared to other ethnical groups. In our area of interest, there are some call girls that are black, but not many.

Hope this helps

Antonio

Antonioeleele, 7 Sep 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    That's great. Thanks.

It turns out that he wasn't asking about Americans per se, so you answered his real question!

RT

RT Gooch, 8 Sep 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

finecannibal

Recluta

20%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    There are many black/morena/criolla women in LIma. I am married to one. That 5%-8% or so is not a true figure. There are many mixtures of black people in Peru. Piura has some beautiful dark skinned women. If you are speaking a black -black(dark complexion people , then chinca and ica are the places). The rare thing is that there are not that many black prostitutes (dark complexion in Lima). I have not seen many, and I frequent la cucardas and other location. But by all means, there are an array of beautiful women in Peru. .

But Peru has many mixtures of black and indian people. My wife is creole (criolla) this is a mixture of indian and black. they consider themselves negro (black). Then you have morenos/as which a fair skinned black people. The 5%-8% figure is 0nly speaking of darker and more direct african descent. The earthquake hit in the area where there are many black communities, thought they were not mentioned or shown on TV. I am a Black America (spanish fluent). I live in Lima 6 months out of the year . THere are women of many complexions in Peru, especially darker complexion women. There are also asian and other mixtures. Here is a stripper that lives in LIma. SHe may be a working girl. She danced in the NY Club in LIma. http://perujuana.com/dirtylatinaz/vida1_preview.avi

finecannibal, 8 Sep 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página