ISO: Iquitos Hotel

Tema en 'HOTELS AND HOSTELS IN PERU' iniciado por RT Gooch, 7 Mar 2007.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Good morning. RT here. I hope that someone here can help me.

I have put Iquitos on the agenda for my May visit. I am sure that I will find enough mongering information here and in other forums (of course, suggestions are always welcome), but I need someone to point me in the right direction for a hotel. Here are my needs:
    • Comfortable bed
    • Air Conditionining (It gets hot in the selva, right?)
    • Guest-friendly
    • Close to the center of town (I like to explore in the daytime)
    • Internet connection in the room would be nice, but is not a must
    • Mid-price would be fine.
    Also, if anyone can offer some interesting things to check out during the day, I would appreciate it.

Last, restaurant recommendations are always welcome. The nicer the place, the better.

Thanks in advance.

RT

RT Gooch, 7 Mar 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

ElecTroll

Usuario Baneado.

BANEADO
    15%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Con un pié en la zona de baneo...Y el otro en la d
    It’s already a couple of years ago that I’ve been to Iquitos for the last time, so maybe my info isn’t the most up to date… Sure some “cofrade” has more recent data.
    Most of the tourists are into the so-called “Deep Amazonas” experience and go feed the mosquitos in the lodges outside Iquitos. Actually not my thing…
    As for hotels up to int’l standards in “downtown” Iquitos, there is the El Dorado Plaza, Spanish page, (English version didn’t load)... and nothing else AFAIK. And, for instance there are a lot of 2- & 3- “star” (the *'s could be also cockroaches…) hotels, ranging from categories “surprise box” to “total rat hole”. I’ve made a good experience w/ the El Dorado*** (NOT the Plaza! Jr. Napo 362 / phone 51-94-231 983 fax 232 499 ) Hotel, it was clean,central, inexpensive and, most important, the A/C did work pretty well. As far as my experience goes, it was always better to book locally or give a call and ask for special offers.
    And the girls (hookers and “civilians”) were worth living years even in the worst rat hole! You lucky man...

Cheers!

ElecTroll, 7 Mar 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Homo_Lo_Gato

MASTER MEMBER
    75%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Acechando, oculto, en la selva de cemento.
    Some nine months ago I went to Iquitos and stayed at the Victoria Regia Hotel, website at This Link, it covers all of your requirements but for the Internet. I really enjoyed that hotel. They also run a couple Jungle Lodges (I don't recommend that for a monger) and they offer several tours including a One-Full-Day tour into the amazon jungle, which I took, that includes lunch at Zungarococha, the nearest of their jungle lodges; worth the money. Price is not too high but neither too low. I think there are Internet cabins for the guest's use but I am not sure. There was no Internet connection in my room; of that, I am sure.

A little down the price range is the Hotel Acosta, owned by the same people. I haven't even seen it but in The Map it looks even closer to the Plaza de Armas than the Victoria Regia. Prices at the Acosta should be about 40% less for the same kind of room. Quality and comfort should be about 40% less too, but still just fine and probably more girl friendly (although all hotels are girl friendly in Iquitos). I'd probably consider this one if I ever went back to Iquitos on my own. Info at This Link.

Homo_Lo_Gato, 7 Mar 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

PRINCIPE ACOLLINO

Oficial

83%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    cantante vernacular
    Your best choice...... royal inn hotel.... nice, comfortable... and not much expensive.... 28 julio plaza.... a nice place.... you will be glad here
    50 dolars per night
    Another place........ oro verde.... similar to royal inn

PRINCIPE ACOLLINO, 9 Mar 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página