Anticuchos de la Tia Grimanesa / Miraflores

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 22 Abr 2010.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    ATG Anticuchos
    on the street corner of Enrique Palacios & 27 de Noviembre
    Miraflores
    Evenings from 7:00 pm
    http://www.anticuchosdelatiagrima.com/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

RT here. I had dinner one night with a long-time friend. He picked me up and announced that, "RT you eat in too many fancy restaurants. We're going the other way tonight." And we then drove to a street corner in Miraflores.

It looked like a mini street festival. There was a crowd milling around, and in the middle was a pushcart with guys in chefs' hats and smoke billowing. I asked what they sold, and he replied, "Anticuchos." (click on all photos for larger versions)

[​IMG]

"De corozon (of <beef> hearts)?," I asked. Yes, he explained, they're a Peruvian delicacy, and the ones on this corner are the most famous in town. The woman who runs this stall (Grimanesa) has been here for years and years, and she is who the gourmets of Lima look to when they have food fairs and other types of events.

OK, what the hell. We fight our way through the crowd, and get to the cart. There's four people prepping the skewers, and the last place they go is to "Tia Grima", who applies the seasonings and sauce before handing over the food to the customers. We give our order to the guy with the notebook (it's pretty easy -- they 0nly sell one item), and he gives you a ticket, and you wait. (Grimenessa is the woman in the last photo.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thirty-five minutes later, they call our number and ask 0nly one question: hot sauce on the side? We pay the 14 sols for the two dishes, and are on our way. She doesn't even sell beverages -- the bodega on the street has hit the jackpot; that's where we got our drinks.

The two skewers on my dish were huge. They must have weight a pound, easily, and that's without the potato on the side. I had eaten beef hearts one time previously, but they were nothing like this. These were big, meaty, and had a clear steak taste. The seasoning on the meat was delicious, and I neither needed or used much of the hot sauce.

[​IMG]

I will definitely return to this corner for dinner another night. They get there at 7:00; supposedly a line is already forming. I can't imagine them being there every night, so it would be best to have a backup plan, just in case you show up to an empty street corner.

RT Gooch, 22 Abr 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A gunslinger y Don_Bakunin les gusta esto.

Pacoelflaco

Cabo

65%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    cualquier cachuelo
    Lo maximo, vale la pena tus 7 soles bien pagados por esas delicias, lo que pasa es que el sinverguenza del ex-alcalde Manuel Masias amigo de los dueños del restaurancito la casa del anticucho que esta a 1 cuadra , la sacaron de esa esquina de enrique palacios con 9 de noviembre, para que no fuera su competencia,
    ahora esta en 8 de octubre con la mar en las noches, tambien la quierian sacar de alli,
    Alcalde masias, por eso no voy a votar por ti al congreso y te voy a hacer contracampaña con todos los que pueda por sacar a una persona tan querida como la tia grima de su mitica esquina,
    Hasta mi viejita hace 30 años cuando caminaba por miraflores , joven ella, le compraba su concholi con sus amigas a la tia grima
    grimanesa es un simbolo y patrimonio de miraflores
    Manuel masias el peor alcalde de Miraflores

Pacoelflaco, 3 Ene 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. A few months ago, Grimenesa finally opened a store in Miraflores back in October. I got to visit on my trip in December. She took her outside pushcart, made it bigger, and took it indoors, all with an eye to serving more hearts-on-a-stick.

The address is Ignacio Merino #466... as a point of reference, it is right around the corner from LaMar (cdra 7 of Av. LaMar).

The place is tiny. It is long and skinny. You wait on line on the street, place your order and pay at the cashier in front, and then wait while Grimenesa (or one of her helpers) works on the anticuchos. The grill is all the way in the back of the store. You can eat there, or take out.

Grimenesa 0nly has five items on the menu: An order of two anticuchos, an order of three anticuchos, choclo, picarones, and soda.

The quality of these beef hearts are (in my limited experience) far superior to any others I have tried in Lima. And... they're much, much larger than anyone else's.

As for prices, they are slightly higher than elsewhere, but not so much that you should avoid it: Two sticks are 12 Soles, Three sticks are 18 Soles, Corn is 3 soles, and I don't remember what sodas and picarones went for. Here's a bunch of pictures that I shot while I was there:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 6 Mar 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Ossobuco, Juan Alimaña y Sergio Armani les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. This is the, ahem, menu at Tia Grimenesa's place. She keeps it simple. Good, but simple.

[​IMG]

RT Gooch, 15 Sep 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página