Restaurante Carnovale / Miraflores / Steaks

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 21 Jun 2009.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Carnovale
    Ovalo Bolognesi 598, Miraflores
    241-6867
    www.restaurantecarnovale.com

[​IMG] [​IMG]

RT here.

Well, shocking as it may seem, I've found yet another excellent place to eat in Miraflores -- this one on the high end of reasonably-priced, and offering enough food to kill an ordinary person.

First, I have found the weekend section (published Fridays) in El Comercio to be an invaluable tool... they list clubs, restaurants, shows, etc. and the edition is available as a PDF on-line, so I do my research in advance.

That's how I found out about Carnovale. They had a feature story, and I knew exactly where the restaurant was, so we made it a point to go there on my last trip to Lima.

I truthfully do not understand how all these restaurants stay open -- the few hot ones (mostly Gaston's) are packed with waits for tables, and all the other ones have virtually no customers. That's how it was with Carnovale.

They have an outdoor area (that also has the bar and the grill for the steaks), and three levels of indoor dining. We (me, my buddy and an amiga) were one of the three sets of customers there; each group had their own dining room.

[​IMG]

For our appetizers, my friend had Chicharron de Pollo, my amiga ordered the Dieta de Pollo, and I had Champignones Rellenos.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My companions loved their appetizers, and my stuffed mushrooms were delicious. They were stuffed with either ham or bacon (I don't remember) and cheese, and was topped with a very garlic-y sauce. Outstanding.

For our main dishes, my friend went for the Pollo Saltado, my amiga had the half order of Mollejas (some part of the chicken that I don't want to think about) and I selected the Lomo Cordon Bleu.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The cordon bleu was prepared as if it were the standard chicken dish, except with steak. It was cooked very rare, just as I asked. The one problem was that they didn't want to overcook my steak, so the cheese inside was not thoroughly melted. Regardless, it was excellent. And huge. I guess that my friend's Pollo Saltado was good -- he didn't say a word until he was done and asked for the leftovers to go, and my other friend liked her chicken parts -- I will have to take her word for for it. Her dish was a half order, and it was more than she could eat.

We passed on dessert. The check, including one alcoholic drink, three sodas, a side vegetable and the cover charge came to 227.5 soles (around $75). The service was attentive, the food was good, and it's walking distance from most of Miraflores. I would return, with the 0nly problem being a sushi place on its left, and Brujas de Cachiche on its right.

[​IMG]

RT Gooch, 21 Jun 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Fredo y Alex_Alonso les gusta esto.

HECTORLAVOE

Recluta

77%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Buddy

The Mollejas your amiga loved are not from chicken, it's just sweetbread, riz de veau as we say in french

HL

HECTORLAVOE, 22 Jun 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Noted... gracias.

RT Gooch, 22 Jun 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Homo_Lo_Gato

MASTER MEMBER
    75%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Acechando, oculto, en la selva de cemento.
    Wrong, my friend.

Molleja, in Peru, refers to the muscular stomach of the chicken (gizzard in english). I know for sure because I like grilled mollejas, very much, and I find it in the chicken when I buy it whole. I also use to buy extra mollejas at poultry stores for the grill. ;)

[​IMG]

However, you might be right. The photo in RT Gooch's report doesn't look like mollejas.

Homo_Lo_Gato, 23 Jun 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

BlackBull

Teniente

12%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Thanx, it was good, not really good, but good.

BlackBull, 27 Jul 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página