Donatello / Miraflores / Italian

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 29 Abr 2009.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Donatello
    Av. Jose Pardo 1010, Miraflores
    445-8047 445-8069
    (also a branch in Surco)
    http://www.restaurantedonatello.com/

[​IMG]

RT here.

Over the years, I've walked past Donatello dozens of times, and have been put off by how imposing it seems from the outside: It's really big, and gave off an impression that it was really expensive and -- if they had Mafia Dons hanging out in Lima -- it looked like a place that Mafia Dons would hang out. I'm not in the Mafia, so I never ventured in.

Well, last week, my date suggested that we give it a try. She's a big pasta fan, so if it ends in a vowel, she wants to eat there. I'm glad that I listened to her -- if 0nly she had suggested this a few years ago!

We entered, and immediately felt much more at home than I suspected. It was a classical Italian restaurant, from the music to the decorations to the checkered tablecloths. Oh yeah, and the food.

We started off with a Ceasar Salad. It was way big enough for two to share, and we enjoyed every leaf. Our second appetizer was the restaurant's 0nly real nod to its being in Peru, an assortment of baked scallops (Piqueo de Conchas Mixtas). There were three types of scallops: the classical Peruvian a la Parmesana, in a white sauce, and a la Donatello. I can't really describe the makeup of the non-Parmesan options, but I enjoyed all three varieties. You add cheese to scallops and bake, and you've got RT Gooch as a fan. The photo does not do them justice:
    [​IMG]

Our main dishes were Fettuccini Alfredo and Canelones stuffed with crabmeat. Both were excellent, and I never stop marveling over the availability of fresh, inexpensive seafood in Lima and how it improves just about every menu in the country.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Although we weren't really hungry after that, we had a half hour before my driver was scheduled to show up, so we split a chocolate mousse. It was two-thirds chocolate, and the white section could have possibly been some sort of mint -- we weren't sure. Whatever it was, it didn't last very long.
    [​IMG]

The total for the meal, including four soft drinks and no alcohol, came to 142 soles. Regardless of your Mafia affiliation (or lack thereof), I wouldn't hesitate to either recommend Donatello or return myself. It's walking distance from most places visitors would shack up in Miraflores, and I believe that you would really appreciate the ability to walk off the meal once you're done.

RT Gooch, 29 Abr 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

nervouswreck555

Recluta

3%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Someone's bitch
    Looks like a neat place. I'll make sure to check it out. Thanks RT.

nervouswreck555, 29 Abr 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I re-visited Donatello a couple of weeks ago with a friend and his date. I had the lomo saltado over fettuccine, my friend had the raviolis a la Donatello, and his date had the lasagna.

My dish was excellent, and my friend and his date both said that they liked theirs. The raviolis didn't photograph well, but they looked better in person. I plan on returning during future trips.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 18 Jun 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I am a little behind in my photos. This is from a visit last November...

I started with the Pizza Quatro Tiempos (4 Seasons), but one of the seasons was olives. I'm not a big olive fan, so I asked for 0nly three seasons, hence the plain slice. Next the Lomo Saltado with Fettucini, and finally a combination of Lucima Ice cream and Chocolate Mousse.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The food remained tasty, but their prices have gone up, and Donatello is no longer the great value it once was.

RT Gooch, 29 Mar 2012

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y Juan Alimaña les gusta esto.

ZAYAS

General

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    good pictures, i am very nostalgic, a friend from my school is the son of the owner or boss of this restaurant in pardo, the sucursal is on monterrico, the food is very nice but very expensive for me

ZAYAS, 16 Abr 2012

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

Compartir esta página