La Rana Verde / Callao / Cebicheria

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 23 Abr 2010.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    La Rana Verde
    Jr. General Valle, Parque Galvez s/n
    (in the Club Universitario Regatas)
    La Punta - Callao
    429-5279 429-8453

[​IMG] [​IMG]

One afternoon, one of my local amigas announced that we were going to Callao for the afternoon. Callao is the port area near the airport (the airport is technically in Callao), and the La Punta area comes to a (duh!) point, and there is ocean on two sides, and it would be a nice afternoon for tourism, etc.

I agreed, so we took a cab to La Punta, and got to walking.

What parts of the ocean we could see were really nice. The problem was that a lot of the beachfront was under construction for upgrades to the infrastructure, so the pristine beauty wasn't there, but we still got to see the ocean and lots of boats and kill a nice afternoon.

There were a lot of places that were more than willing to sell us lunch, but my friend asked a security guard to point us in the direction of the nicest place, and he sent us to La Rana Verde. It was a good choice -- not just for the food, but for the location as well.

The restaurant is on the end of a dock out in the water, so you get a nice breeze along with some great views (click on all photos to enlarge).

[​IMG]

We shared three dishes: a cebiche mixto, conchitas a la parmesana, and tequenos stuffed with seafood. I **think** that we shared a fourth dish, but I don't have a picture, so I'm not sure. Everything that we did have was fresh and tasty.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The three (or four) dishes, along with a dessert and beverages, came to 110 sols.

La Rana Verde has some bit of fame to it, so your taxi drive rmay know where it is. Otherwise, you can ask him to take you to the Club Universitario Rgatas in La Punta, or failing that, call the restaurant and have them give directions to your driver. It's on a main drag, so this is very doable. Most hotel reception employees should be able to help you, too.

There are a lot of excellent cebicherias in Lima. La Rana Verde certainly fits into that club. When you include the view and the chance to explore a part of Lima other than Miraflores, San Isidro, Lince and Centro, it's worth the trip. You can also check out the submarine museum after lunch!

[​IMG]

RT Gooch, 23 Abr 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    From a recent visit...

Choros a la Chalaca, Lomo Saltado, Arroz con Mariscos (yes, there is rice hiding in there!) and a Jalea.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 17 Dic 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A kermus le gusta esto.

kermus

Usuario Baneado.

BANEADO
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    gulp, bad time 2 see the pics!!! the food looks very delicious... but it's 3:35 am LOL:D
    I have visited that place (the sunset is incredible there) but I didn't know the restaurant... In my next trip to Lima i will go... to the Rana René, oh no, i meant the rana verde :p

In Callao there are a lot of places to go to eat, and to eat very well even to cheap prices. But I suggest to be careful, cause there are some neighborhoods around there not very safe. But with knowledge it hasn't be a problem.

kermus, 18 Dic 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Steven Wilson y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

Compartir esta página