Hotel For A Trip To Peru In October

Tema en 'HOTELS AND HOSTELS IN PERU' iniciado por ComputerGuy, 23 Jul 2006.

ComputerGuy

Recluta

97%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hola,
    I've been reading the board and I've gotten a lot of great information here. I'm planning on going to Lima in October for 9 days (10/14 - 10/22)but I need to find a hotel with reliable, in-room internet service available. (I work remotely 1 week per month which allows me to go visit the chicas in far off lands and still get a paycheck. It's good to be a computer guy...) While I could certainly stay at a high end hotel like the Marriot that gets expensive and those sorts of places aren't exactly known to be chica friendly. In looking at about 100 different hotels I found the "Soul Mate Inn" in Miraflores. Looks nice, the price is right, and they are supposed to have internet access in all the rooms. Is anyone familiar with this place? We all know that everything always "looks" good on the internet but reality is sometimes a different story...

http://www.soulmate-inn.com/

My requirements for a hotel:
    1) MUST have reliable hi-speed internet access available in the room
    2) $50/night or less
    3) reasonably safe neighborhood
    4) clean
    5) hot water
    6) private bath
    7) chica tolerant (this isn't a must as I'm more of a MP guy anyway)

So, if no one is familiar with the hotel I found maybe someone has some recommendations that fit my requirements.

Second question is about visiting Macchu Picchu and Cusco. Can this be done in 2 days? Fly in early, take the train/bus to see the site, overnight in Cusco and back to Lima the next afternoon. My main objective on this trip is mongering but I would like to go to Macchu Picchu. I just don't want to spend a ton of time there. I'm just curious if that plan is too much for 2 days.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

ComputerGuy, 23 Jul 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

tony_montanaa

Usuario Baneado.

BANEADO
    81%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    a veces Ingeniero
    Hi ComputerGuy,

Welcome to the forum. For your inquiry on girl-friendly acommodation pls. take a look at these links:
    http://perutops.com/foro-relax/showthread.php?t=3119

For some FIELD REPORTS and a good read check this link out:
    http://perutops.com/foro-relax/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Well, I took almost a week to do a Cuzco trip not so long ago. I think that your best bet is to contact your travel agent and tell them your budget and proposed plans. I am afraid that a 2-day trip won't be enough to do an adequate trip.

Have fun,

TONY

tony_montanaa, 23 Jul 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hi CompGuy. RT here.

I have no experience with the Soulmate inn, but -- if you stretch your budget $10 per night -- the Hotel Boulevard fits every one of your requirements. There is a link in the thread that Tony posted for the hotel. The website lists various prices, but you can email them and get a $50 or $55 rate. Pack a network cable, and you can plug in and work at the dining table in your suite. There's a $10 guest fee, but they enforce it 0nly sporadically. And since you say you spend most nights alone anyway, it shouldn't be an issue. And there's a supermarket right downstairs and a refrigerator in your room, so it's all good.

Have fun. I wish that I could get someone to pay me to go to Lima. ;)

RT Gooch, 23 Jul 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

ComputerGuy

Recluta

97%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Thanks for the replies. I hadn't really thought about the altitude issues. I've never had a problem with it before but I would hate to go there and overdo things and ruin my trip. Oh well, that will give me a reason to go back. Like I'll need one... :)

ComputerGuy, 24 Jul 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página