ISO: Info on Nido Inn, por favor!

Tema en 'HOTELS AND HOSTELS IN PERU' iniciado por RT Gooch, 8 Abr 2007.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Good morning all. RT here. My search for the perfect Lima hotel continues (well, perfect for me, anyway).

If any can help, I would like some information on the Nido Inn.

The location is good, the rooms have air conditioning (which means I can close the windows and get some sleep), they offer internet access in the rooms, and I'm fairly certain that they will come down somewhat on their posted rates.

Their web site is www.nidoinn.com -- if anyone can offer any insight, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

RT Gooch, 8 Abr 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

philo

Recluta

33%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Gooch,

There's a bunch of info about the Nido Inn in the hotel subforum in the Peru forum at ISG. Here are a few tidbits that I copy/pasted from there:
    -----------------
    [FONT=&quot]By the way, Nido Inn does not care how many overnight visitors you can have. However, they charged me 3 soles for two eggs I had every morning, because eggs are not included in the breakfast! Of course I did not know that!
    -------------------
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]My advice to fellow mongers: Stay in Nido Inn if you get the suit #601, 0nly and 0nly suit #601, at a price $40 a night. It's worth it! Chicas loved it! Make sure that you get the reservation for the period you want. Expect hassle though

[/FONT] The hotel was The Nido, Quadra 2, Calle San Martin, Miraflores (corner with Porta). And, according to a Canadian friend of mine, there is a "ring" of chicas operating there. Trying to find out the identities and numbers. One was the "alleged" Emily from ChicasTops (http://www.chicastops.com/) but apparently did not match her photos, or her performance ratings on PeruTops and was probably a ringer.

[FONT=&quot]I talked about the Nido inn a few months ago, before we got the hotel site.
    My friend is best friends with the owner (peruvian american). It is brand new the rooms are small but really nice. They get $45 for a normal room (with internet/cable/air/queen bed and $70 for the jacuzzi suite on the top floor. I made a deal with the guy for $35 for mongers and no chica fee's or hassle's, but alas no one was interested, so I just let it go. I think there are 0nly 12 rooms and the owners son has a habit of staying in the penthouse partying for months at a time. They had a small bar and a restaurant on the second floor which would have been a great set up for a "blue marlin" type of deal. It has that "NYC"/ "Miamibeach" botique vibe.
    --------------------------
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I didn´t stay here but checked out the rooms:
    www.nidoinn.com
    Walking distance from Parque Kennedy. White rooms.
    They have a livingroom area with kitchen and dvd player with projector. Everything is white.
    The staff was really friendly. More friendly than Las Palmas and Maria Luisa.
    They claim to have high-speed internet access in all rooms.

[/FONT]

philo, 8 Abr 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

TinTin

Soldado

90%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I confirm the above. It is a noisy hotel - as St. Martin is a busy street. One caution, their admin and reservation management is horrible - so come with copies of e-mails, confirmations etc. Do NOT rely on a telephone booking.

Suerte!

TinTin

TinTin, 9 Abr 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

CptAssHat

Recluta

30%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I was there in February. $40/night? Wow. I got $55/night for the suite. Its nice, the balcony wraps around San Martin and Porta. But the reservation I made was via email... I arrived pretty late at night, around 2am on a Saturday night, didn't have any check-in problems. It was noisy, but hell, I thought all of Lima was noisy! There's a quiet place? Where- I'll pay top dollar!
    Staff was friendly, never paid a chica fee. Their restaurant was decent, though I didn't eat many meals there. $40/ night would definitely be a good deal, though! Their high-speed internet was horrible, sometimes slower than what I remember dial-up to be here in the states.
    The rooms are all white, as stated before, but with this light blue accent-thing going on. The miami feel is about right. Don't expect to sleep in, the laundry is also located on the top floor with the suite. :( But it is the sole room on the top floor. Wasn't bad, overall. Would I go back? Yes, for $40/night I would.

Hope that helps.
    the Cap'n

CptAssHat, 5 Jun 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

CptAssHat

Recluta

30%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Thought I'd add an update, for what its worth. Returned for a weekend in Feb of '08. Stayed in the Suite, 601, again. The air conditioner was broken- despite promises to repair, I was without a/c. In February. It was miserable. The sliding glass door(which takes up an entire wall) was broken/off track, and would not close completely. The intersection of Porta and San Martin is pretty busy, which made it impossible to sleep past 7:30am. The adjoining wall to the sliding glass door wall has windows down the length of the wall, so if its light outside, its light inside, too. Additionally during this stay, I saw ants on the wood floor.

I won't be back.

CptAssHat, 15 Nov 2008

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página