2010 Xmas Kids Charity Drive

Tema en 'MISCELLANEOUS' iniciado por RT Gooch, 1 Sep 2010.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hello all. RT here. It's never too early to think about the holidays!

Over the last two years, the guys here at PeruTops have given back to the less fortunate in Peru by having a Christmas Charity Drive. Last year, they were able to bring gifts, food and some happiness to well over 500 children across the country who would have otherwise not received anything special on Christmas. Not 0nly did the kids get gifts, but they were able to supply these families with food, and throw a nice party (with clowns!) for the kids.

The money for this came in a bunch of different ways: The multi-tiered Stripper of the Year competition (Miss Radiotops), some sort of soccer tournament, a few different raffles, and direct contributions.

I am proud to say that the members of the English Forum (mostly non-residents) kicked in close to US$500 towards the cause last year. For me, it was an opportunity to help out those that needed it in a country that I have grown to love, and I feel that I have taken so much from.

This year's drive is called Navidad 2010: Regala Una Sonrisa (Christmas 2010: Give a Gift of a Smile). Some of the events are already set, and some are still in the planning stages. There's even the possibility that one of the members of the Foro Ingles hosting his own unique fundraiser... more on that as it develops.

I will post the dates of the Lima events as they are confirmed. I was lucky enough to be a judge at last years Radiotops final, and I had a blast. If you're in town for any of the events, it is a don't-miss opportunity.

In the meantime, if you want to contribute to the fund, there are a few different ways to go about it:

• If you're in Lima, send me a PM, and I will get you the bank account number in which to make a deposit.
    • You can paypal your donation to [email protected]. I will cover the paypal fee, so 100% of your donation gets to the kids.
    • If you don't want to use PayPal, drop me a line and I send you a snail mail address for a check.
    Thanks in advance. I know that there are a lot of ways to be charitable, and a lot of people that need it all over the world. If you can fit this one into your personal mix, great!

RT Gooch, 1 Sep 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

PajaroBravo, Wateque, pichilin y 2 otros les gusta esto.

Juan Alimaña

Teniente

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    Hey RT,
    Thank you for taking charge of the charity drive in the English zone, again. You did a great job last year. If you need any assistance please count with me.

I am doing a little fundraiser for this Christmas campaign in my hometown and mostly counting on the generosity of friends, family members, co-workers, etc. Of course, I did not mention PT. I wanted to help our cofrades a little bit more this year. The members involved are making a great effort for this campaign and plan to benefit more kids this year.

Juan Alimaña

Juan Alimaña, 2 Sep 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Here are the dates for the Lima Stripper of the year competition. I went last year, and had a blast! It's in Spanish, but the dates are easy to figure out:
    Miércoles 14 de Octubre del 2010 - Final de Concurso Chica Radiotops 2010 NC LN – Zona Norte

Organizada e implementada por la zona NC Lima VIP y sala de coordinación Nc Lima Norte, con el apoyo incondicional de la coordinación de la zona de Eventos Especiales Perutops.com

Miércoles 03 o Jueves 04 de Noviembre del 2010 - Final de Concurso Chica Radiotops 2010 NC LS – Zona Sur

Organizada e implementada por la zona NC Lima VIP y sala de coordinación NC Lima Sur, con el apoyo incondicional de la coordinación de la zona de Eventos Especiales Perutops.com

Miercoles 24 o Jueves 25 de Noviembre del 2010 – Gran Final Concurso Chica Radiotops Lima 2010

En la que competirán las señoritas que ocupen los dos primeros lugares en los concursos realizados en cada Zona.
    That's the Lima contest. Here's the Spanish link for both that thread and the out-of-town competitions:

Campaña Navideña 2010 "REGALA UNA SONRISA" - Lima

Campaña Navideña: "Regala Una Sonrisa" - Perutops - Chiclayo - 2010

Campaña Navideña: "Regala Una Sonrisa" Perutops - Trujillo - 2010

Also, we have an English forum-based event in the works; I will know more next week.

I can't repeat enough that this is a great cause. If you can attend any event, chevere. But if not, and you can swing it, cash donations are always welcome. Here's how you can contribute:

• If you're in Lima, send me a PM, and I will get you the bank account number in which to make a deposit.
    • You can paypal your donation to [email protected]. I will cover the paypal fee, so 100% of your donation gets to the kids.
    • If you don't want to use PayPal, drop me a line and I send you a snail mail address for a check.
    Thanks!

RT Gooch, 17 Sep 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Don't forget, guys... even if you can't/won't attend our Christmas Charity Orgy, you can still donate to the Give A Gift of a Smile fund.

If you want to help out, you can paypal your donation to [email protected]. I will absorb the paypal fees, so 100% of your donation goes to the kids. Also, send me a PM if you want to snail mail me a check, and last... if you're in Lima, drop me a line and I will send you the bank account number and you can just make the bank deposit yourself.

Times are tough for a lot of us, but if you could find some space in your budget, the local guys do a great job bringing Christmas to some kids that otherwise wouldn't get to celebrate.

RT Gooch
    Senior Moderator

RT Gooch, 13 Oct 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A gunslinger le gusta esto.

Juan Alimaña

Teniente

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    RT,
    I'll be in Lima next week, please send me a PM with the account # to make my donation.

Thanks,
    JA

Juan Alimaña, 14 Oct 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Shameless Bump!

Even if you can't make to to the charity Orgy, this is still a great cause, and if you want to help someone out for the holidays, here's an opportunity!

RT Gooch, 18 Oct 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Just like he said that he would, Juan Alimana deposited 100 Soles into the account for the kids Christmas fund.

He also has been working with the guys on the Spanish side to help them raise funds as well. Thanks, Juan... that's great of you!
    [​IMG]
    If you want to help us bring a Christmas smile to a Peruvian kid who wouldn't get to celebrate otherwise, there's still plenty of time. You can attend the Benefit Orgy, send your donation via paypal or a check, or just make a deposit in our account in Lima... write me for the account information!

RT Gooch, 3 Nov 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

The Benefit Orgy (I can not tell you how much I enjoy typing those words) raised s/ 1,020 for the Charity Drive. I will deposit the money tomorrow and post the receipt. You can read about it here and here.

There's still time to help some poor Peruvian kids have a merry Christmas. Just scroll up in this thread to see how.

RT Gooch, 15 Nov 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Juan Alimaña y Jack Jericho les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Apparently, someone donated or arranged somehow for a new Toshiba laptop to be sold/raffled off to benefit the Charity Drive.

I don't know much about it, but you can read about it in Spanish right here. I do know that electronics are expensive here in el Peru, so -- if you live here -- this could be a chance to kill two birds with one stone: score a laptop, and help those less fortunate.

Of course, you could also help just by attending an event or making a donation. Write me for the details.

RT Gooch, 16 Nov 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y PajaroBravo les gusta esto.

Jack Jericho

MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

32%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Aparently a forist bought a laptop in the US and is auctionig it to the highbest bidder. He will be refunded what he spent in buying the device and the excess will be donated to the Christmass Charity Fund. Base price is USD 700.=

Jack Jericho, 17 Nov 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Well, the folks who did all the work on the Christmas Kids Charity Drive were out last week spreading the smiles. You can read about it and see photos of the happy kids (in Spanish) here. Here's some photos for those that don't want to click through:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the third year in a row, a lot of guys worked really hard on this. This was quite an endeavor. A lot of kids -- many of whom would not have received any gifts for Christmas -- had a great day.

All of the activities (stripper of the year contest, orgy, raffles, soccer tournament, laptop auction, etc.) raised more than 8,300 soles (as of 17 December)... almost US$3,000! You can read the financial accounting here (Spanish, too, but numbers are numbers).

The account has a few soles that will roll over to next year. If Santa left a little extra in your stocking, and you want to help out for next year, drop me a message. We can get your donation into the account in a number of ways, and you will have crossed one item off of your list for 2011!

Thanks to everyone who contributed, whether it was to this fund or elsewhere. I realize that there are many ways for people to do charitable acts, and whichever way you chose this year, that's great of you. Thanks!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!

RT Gooch, 24 Dic 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y PECADOR les gusta esto.

Compartir esta página