Girl-friendly hotels

Tema en 'HOTELS AND HOSTELS IN PERU' iniciado por tony_montanaa, 22 Ene 2006.

iceman1

Recluta

77%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Dear All,

Has anyone heard of this hotel. I have read mixed reviews. Is it one to add to the list or a miss. I read in one review that the rates are too expensive for this kind of hotel.

thanks

Iceman1

iceman1, 29 Nov 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Ho Whisperer

Recluta

3%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Does anyone have any recent experience with Suite Apart Hotel? I read RT's unfavorable review of it from 2006. Wondering if I should change it now. I'll be making my first trip to Lima on Jan 07 thru jan 21. A friend of a friend recommended the hotel for my first night. Or if someone has a nice alternative close to Tequila w/ AC, chica friendly, $40-$80 USD.

Ho Whisperer, 4 Ene 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

docintech

Recluta

3%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hi guys...
    Kinda new here...first trip to lima march-9 to 14 was planning on staying either at double tree or las americas but didnt know which one...was looking at the main...or fiesta...
    Not sure which one is chica friendly...any input would be really appreciated
    thanks
    G

docintech, 7 Ene 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

The Doubletree is very chica-friendly. They either take the girls' ID or not, depending on the whim of the staff. I have stayed there many times. The breakfast is excellent, and they will make you a cappucino if you ask nicely.

Since the Las Americas was bought by the Thunderbird people, they are reportedly very non visitor-friendly, with a stiff guest fee. I have not stayed in one of their properties in years, but I have heard it from more than one person.

There are many cheaper, local options in Miraflores (read around the board), but -- dollar for dollar -- the Doubletree offers good quality at a fair price for their type hotel. The beds are excellent, the curtains black out the room totally, and the concierge is top-notch. And if you are Hilton Diamond, make sure that they upgrade you to the two-room suite.

RT Gooch, 8 Ene 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Don_Bakunin

MASTER MEMBER
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I know a good hotel. I used to stay here when I come to Lima.

Name: Hotel La Princesa (4 stars)
    Phone no. : 265-8889 / 265-8848 / 265-6889
    Address: Av. Arenales 2305 Esq. Tomas Guido 116 - Lince. Lima-Perú
    Garage? Yes, a big one.
    Any extras? Room service and a cool sauna
    Prices? A suite with jacuzzi is US100 (Suite)

Don_Bakunin, 26 Ene 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

Juan Carter

Recluta

93%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Oh my god! Four years since I've been to Lima and shopping for my august/sept trip to find my 2006 posting link to the Maria Luisa no longer works. The good link today is
    http://www.marialuisa-hotel.com/index.htm

They've bumped their price for a single up to s/70 ($26). I loved it before, then at $20, it even had a room safe but no a/c and probably no heating. I'm considering now the Hostal Larco, not the Larco626 but the one down by LarcoMar but cannot find a price online. Maybe even the Risso in Lince for a splurge. I promise to post when I get down there for the poor rats like me on a very tight budget.

Your true budget recommendations are very much appreciated and especially someplace where my credit cards and camera can be secured.

Juan Carter, 27 Jul 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

tika taka

Recluta

80%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hi guys,

First of all, thank you so much for all the helpful info about Lima. Good job!!

And now a question(that might belong in the beginners section):

The short-time hotels in tony_montanaa's 2nd post; are they actual short-time hotels where you rent the room for a couple of hours 0nly, or are they real hotels that just happen to be really cheap and chica-friendly?

I'm not really comfortable bringing a working girl I don't know back to the apartment I'm staying at, so ideally I was looking for something like the love-hotels in Buenos Aires where check-in is completely hassle-free(you just pay and get the room key without having to register with credit card and passport and stuff like that.)

Thanks.

tika taka, 28 Nov 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Sly One

Sargento

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    You will have to check in with some sort of ID copy of passport is ok.
    This is law..why ??....If there is a fire/earthquake they know how many people and who is in there.
    I have used in the past a hotel on Av. Ariquipa block 23....right next to the service station.
    Cost S/. 35 soles for 3 hours...
    I also noticed at night about 8.00 p.m. there is a fair amount of street action in the area as well.
    enjoy...
    sly

Sly One, 29 Nov 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A gunslinger le gusta esto.

Jack Jericho

MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

31%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    They are real hotels in the sense that, for the stated price, you are entitled to a 24 Hr. stay; but more than 90% of their busines is short stay (2-8 Hr) and, therefore, they are very cheap and very chica-friendly. In fact, if you stay longer, they lose money.

You don't really register in those hotels, you just leave your ID document at the desk for the reasons stated by Sly One. However, in some of the less conspicuous hotels in Lince, like Los Mirtos (this link) which is one of my favorites, if you take one of the more expensive rooms (I always take the suite with minibar and jacuzzi for S/.130) they usually 'forget' to ask for your ID. 0nly once, a new desk-girl asked for my DNI and I said 'What? I've NEVER left my DNI here...' and that was enough. Also, my personal number-one-favorite in Lima, the Wimbledon Hotel in San Miguel (this link), is a love-hotel just like the B-A ones you describe; their fees are for a 6-Hr. stay and they never, but NEVER, ask you for any kind of ID.

Jack Jericho, 30 Nov 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

pyrojohn

Recluta

23%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Do any of the moderately priced hotels have in-room safes? I'd like to be able to lock up passport, spare cash, credit cards, camera, iPhone when girls are present or if by chance someone comes in to clean my room.

pyrojohn, 23 Dic 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Many of the older, mid-range hotels 0nly have safes at reception.

Since saying, "most people are pretty honest" doesn't really inspire confidence, here's what I do when I am in those hotels...

I lock up my extra money, non-essential wallet items and my passport in the hotel safe (that safe is secure). I carry a copy of my passport. Any other valuables I keep locked in my suitcase. Yes, the maid could steal my suitcase, but she won't.

I use a (cheap) local phone when I am in Lima, so I don't sweat the cell phone at all and my camera... well I just chance it. So far, so good.

RT Gooch, 24 Dic 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho le gusta esto.

Compartir esta página