First timer in Peru Sept 2011

Tema en 'NEWBIE QUESTIONS' iniciado por BuddyGoodness, 11 Jun 2011.

BuddyGoodness

Recluta

53%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hello all, my name is Nathan and I am going to be traveling to Peru from September 19-26. I have been reading this forum for the past few days and I want to thank everyone for such great information. This will be my first time to South America and I cannot wait. I am glad I found this site to help me figure out how to to find women while I am there.

I am sure I will have some questions to ask as I read more, for the most part the information is not completely current but I am sure most of it still applies. Just wanted to introduce myself and I am sure you will see me posting fairly frequently from now until my trip and hopefully I will have a nice field report to write up once I get back as well.

BuddyGoodness, 11 Jun 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

BuddyGoodness

Recluta

53%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I guess a good question to start would be: Are there any places to find girls in Cuzco? I will be there for a day and wouldn't mind finding a woman there either. All the posts I have found regarding this are pretty old. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

BuddyGoodness, 13 Jun 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    Welcome Buddy,
    In Cuzco some girls advertise their services in the local paper. The quality would depend on your luck. Also, lots of bricheras hang in the bars around Plaza de Armas.

Good luck.

Juan

Juan Alimaña, 13 Jun 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

BuddyGoodness

Recluta

53%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Thank you!

BuddyGoodness, 14 Jun 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Sly One

Sargento

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Tip 1. If you haven't already..????
    Enroll yourself in a spanish coarse now...where you live.
    Spanish is spoken here and if you want your mongering experience to excell you need to speak the language.
    Any spanish is better than none.
    Tip 2. Read "Sly Ones first timers guide" (found on this forum) 2 or 3 times it will save you time and money.
    Sly

Sly One, 16 Jun 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Juan Alimaña y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

iceman1

Recluta

77%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Dear Mr Goodness

please read my report re: Cusco

http://perutops.com/foro-relax/f63/iceman-newbie-report-cusco-days-4-7-a-149843/

What you have to appreciate was that i was not well i suffered altitude illness and was ill at the same time. However, i tried to to monger.

The places i went to they were exclusively for locals and i didnt see any any foreigners. They can be intimidating but i just acted like i had been there before and one of the girls spoke to me in Spanish. I personally can pass as a citizen from many countries and did not reply to this woman she was fat and ugly. The conversation my friend told me about later on was that she wanted me to bang her and she get here remuneration.

What I learnt in cusco was that there are loads of none of the girls you find in lima. just strike up a conversation with a hotty and you will maybe not get in her knickers but have a longer (hopefully) relationship with the woman.

Bottom line we all think that we can do x y z (monger) in a country we think is third word or not as advanced as ours - but if you think that hold on i am in a different country i dont have the silly bitches from back home these are decent honest hard working people that i no matter what i will treat them with respect (and the girls family) and ask her for a drink or a meal - trust me you will be ok !!

In these countries people will respect you if you respect them. Forget the inhibitions girls around the world are sharp but not idiots.

On a similar note dont sign over your inheritance to a girl you dont know.

I hope this helps there are plenty of bars in cusco and women just go out and be happy if you dont get laid dont dwell on it.

I hope i have helped.

iceman1, 19 Jun 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

BuddyGoodness

Recluta

53%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Thank you Iceman. I read your report and it was very informative. I appreciate you taking the time to write it.
    Altitude sickness - What are the pills you mention? What do they do?

I am not going to Peru purely to monger. I am going because I love to travel. However, when I am in a place where I can have the company of beautiful women for a price, I am happy to indulge in that. Ideally I would like to find a nice pretty woman to form a relationship, but that depends on my Spanish skills by the time I get there and my personal game. If I met a nice women, I would be more than happy to have an excuse to come back to visit. It wouldn't bother me much if I went out and spent some time with local ladies and struck out. As long as I am not buying them a lot of stuff, I enjoy the company of women even if it doesn't lead anywhere. I was raised by women, I am always respectful, so no need to worry there haha. I hold myself to strict code in regards to how I treat others.

I have no ethnocentric view of Peru, I don't see it as an inferior place at all. Just a different place that I wish to explore.

Couple things I am looking into right now. Cell Phone rental or buy a disposable one. Do you have to be part of a tour or have a tour guide to get into machu picchu? I don't think you do but someone just told me you did.

BuddyGoodness, 26 Jun 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Chemist86

Capitan

73%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hey, Mr. Goodness

In my opinion it'd be better if you buy a disposable cellphone once you get here, they are not expensive (u can get one for 30-40 US dollars) and you can get them in the airport, then you have to buy prepaid cards to get minutes to talk. After that u have to buy prepaid cards for 10,20,30 or 40 dollars (aproximately, it depends on the exchange rate of the day) depending on how much you talk.

I was reading some information and I think that u need to be part of a tour or hire a tour guide to get into Macchu Picchu. You cannot go there by yourself jeje

I really hope that u enjoy ur trip

Chemist86, 27 Jun 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

If you wait until you get into the city, you can buy a prepaid cell phone for usually as little as 79 or 89 soles in most supermarkets (there are kiosks). You can also buy a phone at the Claro kiosk in the airport, but I found it is easier to get to my apartment/hotel, drop off my bags, and take care of things in town. I use that kiosk to add time to my phone when I arrive.

As to recharge pricing, you can 'top off' your phone in just about any large supermarket for as little as 5 soles. You can also buy cards in 10 sol increments, in case you want to have an extra or two in your wallet, just in case. Figure on paying a sol per minute for calls. You can do slightly better, but that's a good estimate.

For about 30 dollars, you have a local (not very sophisticated) phone that you don't have to worry about. In case you come back a second time, the number stays good for a while, and then you're very much in the black, money-wise.

RT Gooch, 27 Jun 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

seabreeze0003

Recluta

23%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    You do not have to be a part of any organized group to get into Machu Pichu; however it may be difficult to get a train ticket if you wait till the last minute. Unless you are walking the Inca Trail, you will have to take a train from either Cusco or some point further along up to Ollantaytambo, which is the last point accessible by automobile. I hired a taxi in Cusco to take me touring for the day, which allowed me to stop in other places along the way to Ollantaytambo. There I rode the train into Aguas Caliente, spent the night, and went very early the next morning up the mountain. My taxi driver was very eager to pick me up in Ollantaytambo for the return trip. He charged me $75 for each day, which I thought was quite reasonable considering a round trip each time (perhaps he found paying fare each way after me, but maybe not). You can also take a bus from Cusco to Ollantaytambo for around $6, but of course you are stuck with the bus schedule and route.

For altitude sickness, I recommend Diamox. I took one pill 24 hours before going to Cusco, and 1 each day while I was in the high altitudes. I never felt any effects of altitude sickness. It's not expensive and I had my doctor prescribe it to me before leaving the states. It is probably available in Lima very cheap, perhaps under a generic name. It wasn't too expensive in the USA though.

For girls, I can't offer much help outside of Lima. Being somewhat out of shape, the altitude and lots of walking/climbing wore me out in Cusco and Machu Pichu and I didn't have the energy to look for anyone.

seabreeze0003, 6 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

sierrabenz99

Recluta

87%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    At the Cuzco airport, taxi drivers will ask 80 to 100 soles for the trip Cuzco-Ollantaytambo. If your Spanish is good and you ask around a bit, you can get a private taxi to Ollanta for 35 soles (that is the normal rate for Peruvians). Or take a collectivo (small van) from Cuzco for 10 soles (but figure on being cramped -- eleven pasengers plus driver in a small van). The trip is about an hour and a half....

sierrabenz99, 6 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

BuddyGoodness

Recluta

53%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I already have my tickets from Cusco (poroy) to agustas calientes, but thank you for the advice anyway. I am actually buying a cell phone through my provider here that uses the GSM band. Hopefully I can just buy a sim card when I get down there. It is a smart phone though not sure if I can get smart phone service very cheap down there. Would be nice to be able to use the mobile web for language translation.

I am currently using rosetta stone and pimsleur to try and learn as much Spanish as I can before I get there.

I will look into diamox, thank you.

Thank you everyone for the advice so far.

BuddyGoodness, 20 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Chemist86

Capitan

73%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    You can buy a SIM card in the airport for as little as 15-20 soles (6-8 US dollars). Depending on how long u r planning to stay you can buy data plans that last for 1,3,15 or 30 days and they are not that expensive.

Good luck

Chemist86, 20 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

manux

Oficial

8%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Administrador
    You can certainly get a GSM SIM CARD very easy... just make sure that the cellphone you get from your provider allows you to use a sim card from another carrier.

manux, 29 Ago 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página