dual sim cell phone

Tema en 'SHOPPING & TRAVEL' iniciado por Sergio Armani, 9 Dic 2013.

Sergio Armani

Platinium Member

72%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    guys; ...any of you have experience with dual sim phones? ....do you think it will be a good idea to carry one of those in lima?...last time i was there i had 2 phones, one for the family (mostly used in day time)...and one kine phone (mostly use after 9pm) ....i never carry both toguether but some times it was a pain if i wanted to send a quick email early in the afternoon to a kine to confirm place and time of metting that nigth and i couldnt do it because the kine phone was well hidden under my mothers bed in san isidro and i was in chosica :) ...maybe a dual sim phone could be a better choice than having 2 phone since you can carry 2 phone numbers in one......what do you think? ,,,,,any cons you can think of

Sergio Armani, 9 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Jack Jericho

MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

31%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    My experience:

Earlier this year I bought a dual sim Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos for my wife (she has her private Movistar phone and her company's Claro phone), she is more than happy with it. The phone is an outdated model, I bought it just because it was the cheapest option with Android and, like you, I wasn't sure how practical it would be and I wasn't up to expending a lot of money in finding out; so I wouldn't recommend that particular phone, but just because it is an outdated model and there are more modern options inm the market like the Galaxy S Duos or, if your wallet can take it, the last generation Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos (which I’ll buy for my wife in a couple months from now).

As for how practical it would be... well it is very practical, the system is very intuitive and works beautifully. I can 0nly think in two cons... and two more cons for a married monger like me:

1. If you are talking in one line the other line goes dead so, if anyone calls you to the other line (the one you are not talking in) the system doesn't give the "busy" tone but the "off line" tone. (I don't think that is a real problem but... that's me)
    2. If your phone gets stolen, something not so improbable to happen in Lima, you lose both phones at the same time.

Also, for married mongers like me...
    1. You cannot "turn off" the kine phone when you are at home so there is the risk of receiving an unwanted phone call at the worst moment; also if your wife, your mom, your sister etc. asks "please lend me your phone, I've ran out of minutes"... you can't do it because you have 0nly one contacts list, one sms inbox... you get the picture.
    2. You have to be very careful when you call a working girl or write her a SMS text because you can, very easily, forget to choose the alternate SIM and make the call or send the text from your default SIM thus revealing your private number to the girl. Or the opposite, you can easily reveal to your wife, friends or family, the existence of your kine phone.

But for many single (unmarried) monger friends of mine, here at the forum, a dual sim cellphone has proven to be an excellent choice.

Jack Jericho, 10 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Juan Alimaña le gusta esto.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I have that very phone. When Jack got one for his wife, I bought one too.

I don't use the dual SIM option, but I agree (in theory) with all of Jack's points.

As to the Samsung Ace Galaxy Duos -- I hate it. I hated it so much that for my November/December trip, I went out and bought a Nokia Lumia 520 Windows phone. There's a lot to learn about Windows phones, but after just my four-day visit last week, I like it 79834964306349 times better.

There, I just wanted to vent about the evil phone that I *had*.

RT Gooch, 10 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Sergio Armani le gusta esto.

Sergio Armani

Platinium Member

72%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Jack thank you for telling us about your experience...I think I'm going to pass for now on this kind of phone, I'm too clumsy some times, the chances of mistaking sims are big for me better no risk it......besides it will be very uncomfortable lending my phone to anyone in my family everytime they are out of minutes or whatever.......Anyway guys I was reading alot about the dual phones and find out there is actually 2 kinds of duals phones...1) Dual Standby, 2) Dual Active Phone...maybe Jack can use this information better than me rigth now if you plan to buy a new phone to your wife soon because for what you described looks like she has the dual standby....read this Jack What is the difference between Dual Active and Dual Standby? .....for me the fact that all duals use the same memory is a no no

Sergio Armani, 10 Dic 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Isabel Peligrosa

Recluta

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Género:
    Femenino
    Hi there, I have the dual SIM smart phone and I can tell you there is no big difference or advantage in that.

Isabel Peligrosa, 9 Jul 2020

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página