Cusco Hotel & Train Help Needed

Tema en 'HOTELS AND HOSTELS IN PERU' iniciado por baltimorebob, 30 Mar 2010.

baltimorebob

Recluta

7%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I will be in Lima for 5 nights 6/21/2010-6/25/2010. 4 nights in Cuzco/MP,
    then back to Lima for 5 more nights. I plan to stay at the Maria Luisa
    while in Lima.

I will be in Cuzco on 6/26/2010. Going to Aguas Calientes 6/27/2010, and return to Cuzco 6/29/2010. I have my flights booked. I still need to book the train. How soon should I book the train in advance?

I am looking to get the lowest price that I can. I also would like any advice on hotels in Cuzco, and Aguas Calientes, cheap clean with private bath/hot water. ( I will be with a group of 6 to 8 people)
    Thanks, Bob

baltimorebob, 30 Mar 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Don_Bakunin

MASTER MEMBER
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hi Bob,

First of all, for any information about Cusco, you can visit this web site:
    http://www.peru.info/en/where-to-go/cusco-651-3.7-2-1291-ci4

This is the main site (information about all the country):
    http://www.peru.info

You can buy tickets seven days before the day you want to travel. For example: If you want to buy the ticket for Sunday 14th, you can buy the ticket starting Sunday 7th.

You have to know the trains stations are not in Cusco, there is one in Ollantayambo (2-3 hours from the city) and another in Poroy (20 minutes from the city)

There are 3 types of services
    - VIP "Hiram Bingham": The most expensive, good food and free bar, luxury wagons
    - Vista Dome: Good service, this is the one i like
    - Back Packer: simple and cheap, this service 0nly includes the travel, if you want to drink or eat something then you have to pay it (and this is quite expensive)

You can buy your tickets on line, check this link also for more information:
    http://www.perurail.com

I like Monarca Hostal (hot water, free breakfast, clean rooms, taxi from the airport)
    http://www.hostalmonarca.com/indexen.php

Cheap and clean. But if you want a backpacker experience you have to go to the main square and look for "Procuradores" street (is a pedestrian street) and go right til the end, there you can visit the "Bruno Hostal", a good place for backpackers (this not have webpage, sorry)

Greetings,
    Bakunin

Don_Bakunin, 30 Mar 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch y gunslinger les gusta esto.

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    Hostal Qorichaska
    Calle Nueva Alta No. 458
    Cusco – Peru
    www.qorichaskaperu.com

This hostal info is too late for our friend BaltimoreBob (sorry Bob… hope you had a great time in Lima and Cusco), but hopefully will be usefull for other travelers.

This place is a great choice for the budget traveler. It’s on a quiet street just a few blocks from Plaza de Armas. Before finding this hostal, I stayed at two other places on Calle Suecia next to Plaza de Armas. Big mistake. Because of the street noise and guests comings and goings, I couldn’t get a good night sleep at either one and had to look for a quieter place.

Qorichaska was not 0nly quieter but cheaper too. The bathrooms were bigger, recently remodeled and had plenty of hot water with good pressure ( I took a long hot shower early morning before walking all the way to the Sacsayhuaman ruins . . . I’m still in shape).

Taxi fares to/from Plaza de Armas were 2 - 2.5 soles during daytime and 3 soles late at night (if you don’t want to walk). The fare to the airport is 5 soles ($1.76).

The majority of the guests were foreign and you could meet them during breakfast at the court yard. Who knows you may get lucky.

Juan

Juan Alimaña, 14 Jul 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A gunslinger le gusta esto.

iceman1

Recluta

77%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Sorry for the late response,

If anyone has read my reports i did stay in cusco and if you need guidance on where to stay and your budget drop me a line as i have a mate in cusco that maybe able to save you some headache.

icy

iceman1, 23 Jul 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Juan Alimaña le gusta esto.

drais

MASTER MEMBER
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos: