Cuando cuesta?

Tema en 'PHRASES, LANGUAGES' iniciado por tika taka, 3 Dic 2010.

tika taka

Recluta

80%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Pretty simple question I think.

When I ask for the price of a bottle of water I say "Cuando?" or "Cuando cuesta?" which works fine in a store setting.

But I'm looking for a smoother way to ask a working girl for the price of her services as an opener for negotiation.

So far I've been suggested, by a working girl, just saying "servicio?" or "el valor del/de su servicio?" which I understood to be very formal. It might be better than treating the girl as a pack of gum in a store, but it's still seems like a pretty uptight way of broaching the subject of money.

So, how do I ask about prices without actually saying stuff that belongs in a supermercado or some formal negotiation routine?

tika taka, 3 Dic 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

BURRUS

Soldado

33%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Well, you can said something like how much is the donation?, translating: "cuanto es la donation? "
    :cool:

BURRUS, 3 Dic 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Captain James E. Raynor

General

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Actually, it is "cuanto?", in spanish, with "t". Anyway, regarding your question, a good way to ask for the price (in fact, for everything) is "como es?" (how is it?). So, with that phrase, you don't just ask for the price, but also for the thorough service: time, place, scope of the sexual intercourse (if anal sex is included, for example), way to pay, etc. Evidently, I recommend using it kindly, like this: "hola, que tal?, ... como es, ah?" (hi, how are you? ... how is it, eh?).

Captain James E. Raynor, 3 Dic 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

Jack Jericho

MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

31%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I like to ask directly, thoug as politely as I can, ¿Y... cuánto quieres para tí? (And... how much do you want for yourself?) Which blends well in a conversation where I have previously asked how much does the club charge for the 'salida' or the 'privado'.

I like directness so there are no misunderstandings later.

Jack Jericho, 4 Dic 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

tika taka

Recluta

80%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Thanks guys, awesome replies as usual!

PhD,

Is "como es" applicable in other situations as well? Can I, for instance, walk into a gym an say: "Hola que tal? Como es?", and expect the receptionist to tell me all about the different plans and prices they have or will I get a slap in the face because "como es?" implies that we're talking about sexual favors?

Jack Jericho,

That sounds like a pretty good solution. There's really no ambiguity to it and it doesn't sound like I'm asking a butcher for the price of his prime Peruvian meat. I'm gonna try this the next time, and maybe expand my repertoire with "como es?" once I understand what exactly that phrase implies.

tika taka, 4 Dic 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Captain James E. Raynor

General

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    It's a common phrase, used not 0nly in a sexual context. The gym case is a good example.

Captain James E. Raynor, 6 Dic 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página