La Mar / Miraflores / Cevicheria

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 5 Nov 2006.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Excerpted from this Field Report:

[​IMG]
    LA MAR
    Av. La Mar 700, Miraflores
    421-3365
    Noon – 5:00 pm daily

La Mar is another restaurant in the Gaston kingdom. It is officially a ‘cebicheria’, but the menu runs much further than just fish marinating in lime juice.

I opened with the mini-cebiche of conchas negras, and CG tried the causa. Causas are potatoes mashed and then balled up with different toppings. CG was being pretty experimental, and he said that he liked his a lot.

For my second course, I ordered sushi rolls. The fish was fresh, the wasabi was strong, and the rolls were delicious.

My main dish was yet another fish stew (I don’t remember the name), and CG had fried shrimp over stringy rice noodles. These meals were plentiful, and would have been enough for any normal person for the entire day. And aside from plentiful, they were wonderful. We sat at the ceviche bar, so we could watch a lot of the stuff being prepared. The show is almost as good as the food itself.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We passed on dessert and coffee. The tab, including three sodas, and five dishes and a large additional tip came to 120 Soles ($37.50). A steal.

RT Gooch, 5 Nov 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Juan Alimaña

Teniente

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    I took a civilian date to this fine restaurant and she was impressed. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table at the bar.
    The food was delicious and the service was very good.
    I had the Clasico concha S/29, half/half of the Cause Nikei and Antigua S/28, Jugo de Maracuya S/9, Chicha S/8, and dessert S/19.
    I will definitely return.

JA

Juan Alimaña, 8 Nov 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

shadowman

Cabo

18%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I also have nothing but kudos for this restaurant. I've never had a bad meal there. My ex-novia also took me to another restaurant in the same general area that was at least as good, and with the same general kind of layout. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it. If anyone can think of something very similar, with a similar menu, in the area and can remind me of the name I'd be eternally grateful. They even had drinks that made pisco taste good. :)

shadowman, 26 Nov 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I realized that I hadn't been at La Mar for over a year, so we stopped by yesterday for lunch.

Everything was the same: the food was delicious, the service excellent, and we left fatter and happy.

We ate a cevice classico, a small order of ceviche nikkei (tuna), an order of Choritos, and the tamales verdes. All were awesome, and more food than two people needed. Luckily, we passed on the grilled octopus -- the blackboard said that they weighed over a kilo each!

I was so excited by the ceviches, I forgot to take any other pictures!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

RT Gooch, 19 Abr 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada