Costa Verde / Barranco

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 7 Ene 2009.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]RESTAURANT COSTA VERDE
    Playa Barranquito, Barranco
    Tel:
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]477-5228, 247-1244 and 477-0010
    http://www.restaurantcostaverde.com

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]RT here. I hit the Sunday Brunch buffet at Costa Verde 30 November, 2008 with two friends.

The setup is nice: large windows look out upon the cliffs and the ocean, there's a stage in the middle of the room with both a folklore show and a very pretty mistress of ceremonies/singer to look at, they have a large supply of international flags to denote where you're from, and lots of really good food.

They claim to be in the Guiness book for the most types of food on a Sunday Brunch. I don't know if that's true, but they do have plenty.

We arrived at 1:30, ate ourselves silly, and watched the show until it ended at 4:00 pm. We waddled back to the hotel and passed out for a few hours, and didn't feel the need to eat again until Monday afternoon.

Brunch wasn't cheap. The tab for three of us, including 3 complimentary welcome drinks and a pitcher of chicha morada (we later found out that they would pour you all the chicha you wanted by the glass for free, but pitchers cost 10 Soles), and additional tip was just around 300 Soles (slightly under US$100). Extravagant by Peruvian standards, but a bargain from an American's mindset, what with significantly inferior Sunday brunches in South Florida running $40-$75.

They also offer some sort of "Lonche Buffet" from 5:00 to 7:30 on weekdays. God 0nly knows what they serve there. There's also a regular menu to order from, if you go at a non-buffet time.

We called for reservations, but there were tables available for walk-ups the day we went (but not a lot of them, and not near the stage).
    [/FONT]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 7 Ene 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

I took in the brunch again a few weeks ago.

The food was as fabulous as ever, but it was a little pricier than previously. The bill (for me alone) came to 109 soles. That's around US $38, using the current exchange.

So between the small price rise and the hit on the exchange rate, it is costlier, but still worth it. If you want to eat yourself into a stupor on a Sunday afternoon, this is the place to do it.

And the show -- they changed it a little, and the singing girl remains excellent!

RT Gooch, 12 Dic 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

shadowman

Cabo

18%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I really like the Costa Verde, and the food has always been good for me. Much better beach restaurant than the Rosa Nautica, which is way more expensive with food 0nly half as good.

shadowman, 14 Dic 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página