Sonia / Chorillos / Cebicheria

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por PETER GABRIEL, 14 Sep 2006.

PETER GABRIEL

Usuario Baneado.

BANEADO
    19%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Santa Rosa 173, Chorrillos 467-3788
    A very very rustic restaurant..... an excelent "Ceviche"..... its not expensive... a very famous place cause the taste is really "peruvian"...
    Go..... you will not be sad

Music..... Peruvian music (Criolla)

Peter Gabriel
    The other things..... like always..... WEBADAS

PETER GABRIEL, 14 Sep 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

1. Thanks, This sounds like my kind of place. Can you help me with what area it is in. I will likley be staying in Miraflores.rbc100

rbc100, 14 Sep 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Homo_Lo_Gato

MASTER MEMBER
    75%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Acechando, oculto, en la selva de cemento.
    Hard to tell unless you know Lima. It is in... Chorrillos! At the southern end of Lima's seaside cliffs, one block away from the cliff (landwise) almost in front of "Club de Regatas Lima". Ten minutes away from Miraflores by car.

Once a very traditional, very rustic "secret" place, 0nly for those "in the knowledge", now a well known touristic restaurant (all credit cards welcome) but it has managed to retain its quality and personality.

Excellent choice for seafood, some would say the best in Lima. And Peter is right... not expensive at all.

Homo_Lo_Gato, 14 Sep 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

2. Homo Lo Gato, Thanks for input. I will definitly try to find the place. With this information I should be good to go.rbc100

rbc100, 14 Sep 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

PETER GABRIEL

Usuario Baneado.

BANEADO
    19%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Rt
    when you will come to Lima?..... i think i will be your tourist guide again... i can show you some restaurants and pubs....

Donde Sonia its besides Regatas Lima Club.... you can ask anybody there.... its very famous...

See u later my friend

PETER GABRIEL, 14 Sep 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Sonia
    Calle Santa Rosa #173
    (Above Club de Regattas)
    Chorillos - 467-3788
    Open daily 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
    http://restaurantsonia.com/
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

RT here. According to what I've been told, Sonia was the first cebicheria in Lima, and one of the best. Well, pretty much all cebicherias are pretty damn good, but Sonia was, umm, excellent.

We decided to share two things, a Ronda Caliente, which is a hot assortment of dishes, including Seafood Wontons, Fried Calamari, Rice with Seafood, and a couple of other selections. It was wonderful.

Equally great was the Aguadito de Conchas Negras. I'm not sure how the various soups get differentiated in Peruvian cuisine, but this one has rice, the conchas negras, corn, and was liberally seasoned with cilantro.
    (Click on all photos for larger versions)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

These two dishes, along with a pitcher of chicha morada, was plenty for lunch, and ran us a total of 88 Soles. We saw another table heavily in discussion with their waiter. It turns out that -- if you want -- you can have final approval over your fish before they cook it an any of their various ways. He brought one over for us, I guess to make us want to come back again.
    [​IMG]

Come back again is what I will do. The street that the restaurant is on is pretty non-descript, but the restaurant is famous. I would suggest that you ask the taxi driver if he knows where Sonia is, and play it by ear, depending on his response. It should be 7 or 8 soles from Miraflores.

RT Gooch, 9 Sep 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Marathon Hombre

Recluta

77%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Awesome write up man. I agree Sonia is amazing. I've been there at least 8-9 times in my 4.5 years in Lima. Anthony Bordaine visited there on his show No Reservations a few years back with Gaston. You see that boat out in front of the place? That is used to catch the seafood you're eating inside! I once polished off 22 of those conchas negras (black muscles with rocoto and onion) by myself + a plate of ceviche. It should be a Man v Food challenge :D

Marathon Hombre, 13 Sep 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

Skipper

PREMIER
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    GReat recommendation Gooch, I was about to go to another Chorrillos cevicheria, which is located at Huaylas avenue, next to Tottus market (Puerto Escondido is its name if I recall correctly) but Sonia seems a better choice, I'm gonna put it in my list of nice places to visit in the near future.

Regards

Skipper

Skipper, 21 Sep 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

the visitor

Soldado

97%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    go during the week, not the weekend. on weekends they have a live band blaring music so loud for such a small place, that you can't even hear yourself think, plus the crowd all fighting for tables. it really ruins an otherwise great culinary experience.

the visitor, 22 Sep 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página