Atrapalo.pe - Restaurant Discounts

Tema en 'SHOPPING & TRAVEL' iniciado por RT Gooch, 18 Ago 2013.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

A couple of weeks ago, I was searching for a restaurant that someone recommended, and I stumbled upon www.atrapalo.pe from a Google search. For the most part, they are a travel consolidation site - you can search for flights, hotels, cars, and the such. But they have tabs on their first page for tickets, activities, and restaurants.

It turned out that they did have my restaurant available (F. Conroy) for making a reservation... sort of a Lima version of OpenTable.

Here's the cool part... many of the restaurants listed offer a discount for making the reservation through this site. The discounts range from 10% up to 50% off. F. Conroy offered 25% off my meal. I was dubious, but I wanted to try the restaurant any way, so I made the reservation. I wound up booking three meals: F. Conroy, Vara (40% off, and I go there and pay full price anyway), and one more that I decided to try for a 15% discount, because what the hell, I have to eat somewhere. Probably two thirds of the places do not offer discounts, but it was nice to see a list of restaurants all in one place.

Some of the restaurants a rule: You must pay with cash to get the discount. Fair enough.

So we went to F. Conroy on Saturday, handed them my printed out confirmation (I think that's important), got seated, and we had dinner. In my mind, the check should have been in the 200-225 Soles territory. When the check came, the waiter mumbled that my discount was included (I don't think that he wanted my date to hear), and the total was 161 Soles. Nice and painless.

Now, saving 50 Soles isn't going to make or break my trip, but it was nice to score a discount with very little work involved. I'm not sure how happy they will be at Vara when they see a regular paying less than full price, but that's their issue, not mine.

RT Gooch, 18 Ago 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Juan Alimaña y Sergio Armani les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I have used atrapalo.pe three more times, all successfully and hassle-free.

F. Conroy - 25%, reported above
    Restaurant Sin Reservas - 15%, no problem.
    Vara - 40%. I was afraid that they might put up a stink here because I was a regular, but they had no issuse and we saved 57 Soles.
    F. Conroy (again) 25%, - I went again tonight with Sly_One and his girlfriend, and the discount came to 99 Soles.

RT Gooch, 23 Ago 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    Hi,
    I have used Atrapalo.pe several times to make restaurant reservations. It works great, even when making the reservation the same day. Just make sure you print and take the reservation with you.

Juan

Juan Alimaña, 20 Ago 2014

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

Compartir esta página