Alright, PeruTops people, can I swing this?

Tema en 'NEWBIE QUESTIONS' iniciado por Autoground, 27 Dic 2009.

Autoground

Recluta

27%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I just got to Lima today from having taught English in Santiago de Chile for 6 months.

I have 1 grand (with important reserves set aside), and I want to do the following:

1) Get an apartment that's cheaper than what I see on Apartmentclubperu.com -- I'm thinking $400/month would do fine

2) Get a job that pays for this apartment plus food and a little bit more

3) Live out hedonistic fantasies in my spare time until March.

Is this do-able? Can I pick up a job in January with ease? A job I can leave in March? Can that job provide enough money for this hypothetical apartment that may or may not exist?

If so, How?
    Any suggestions for the first 2 are greatly appreciated. The third I'll tackle after everything else is situated.

If someone is looking for a roommate, I might also be as well -- Provided that those-in-the-know reply to me that "yes, with 1 grand to burn you could tread water long enough to get all those things in order, and here's some start directions on how."

That would be so awesome. Thanks.

Autoground, 27 Dic 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Juan_Camaney

Platinium Member

75%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Of course u can.
    Just buy El Comercio newspaper on Sunday, and check the Adds sections out about places for rent and jobs. Either sections are gonna be helpful to u coz u'll find a great variety of departments for rent, nice locations and affordable prices (something among $250 and $300). About ur job search, there are a lot of schools and colleges looking for English teachers all the year, so if u are a native speaker u can take for granted that the job is urs. As I said before, my best piece of advice to u is to get El Comercio on Sunday ... trying web pages is senseless cuz such webs are designed for foreigners, and use to charge even the double of the price. El Comercio instead aims to the regular people, so ur gonna find a good deal there.

About ur third question, there are TONS of activities u can do over here for an hedonistic chill out ... it depends on how much are u willing to spend and what sort of activity u'd rather to do. Just bear in mind that this is a city that has 9 millions in population, so can be a dangerous place. Beware of the offers and try to talk with a Peruvian assistant for further information before meet unknow people.

Greetings
    John Camaney

Juan_Camaney, 27 Dic 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Autoground

Recluta

27%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Thanks for the help, Juan.
    The paper led to my needing to figure out how to call cellphones and landlines. Too bad it's Sunday, since I'd like to know where I'm working before I pick a place. Hopefully I can work near Miraflores. Anyone know if there's anything big happening here for New Year's? Maybe one of those Sly parties or something?

Autoground, 27 Dic 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Great answers, openbook. I pretty much agree. I have one question:

aguafiestas???????

As in, "Pouring water all over your party" or, in English, "Rain on your parade"?

Nice phrase! :cool:

RT Gooch, 27 Dic 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Autoground

Recluta

27%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Splitting an apartment would be optimal, but I understand how improbable it is that someone would take a risk on a stranger from the internet.
    That said, since I'm traveling solo I'll still take a chance and invite anyone who's looking for a roommate to gimme a PM. We can talk facebook and figure out if we'd get along.

also now a seeming frustration, i'll be hitting the pavement checking out institutes tomorrow since those seem like the jobs I could take and leave after 3 months.

I'm still 0nly 6 months into South America, so in a way I feel like I'm not certain what I'm doing. Is there some ex-pat place to search for roommates?

Autoground, 27 Dic 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Autoground

Recluta

27%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    And by the way, yes, all this information is extremely helpful.

Autoground, 27 Dic 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Autoground

Recluta

27%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Oops me, too, actually. But things are 0nly starting, as I've just returned from getting all my things from my previous city. Now moving in with an apartment of roommates, relying on outside accomodations if I finally put my toe in the hedonistic pool. Still exploring that, and taking my time. Curious about Sly's parties. Hoping for an enjoyable job. Thanks for askin. I look forward to one day writing a "field report." : )

Autoground, 17 Ene 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

ranyrany

Recluta

7%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    so im a member of best gfe and will taking a trip to lima in about a week.... this form and website in general haved help much in me finally taking the plunge. I am peruvian so i dont think ill have a problem fitting in, my dominint language is english but i do know and speak some what fluently spanish, even better when im drunk.

so ive been reading this blog and i think its cool.....i got some family in lima but im think about get a hotel room for about a month, been looking and may have found some cheap ones ill look into once im therer... once with the help of this website.

whatd i like is to have a broad for the night....hot and as cheap as i can get her.......any ideas? younger the better....lol

it would cool as well to creep around the city and pick up broad hot of course for free or maybe for some dough.....i was looking on youtube about girl in peru and it had some very intersting video....

also dude i may have to hit u up while im down and their and chill....im a be there for the superbowl so i do wanna see that...... gotta find a place if you guys know?

lastly what can i do to help....since i do think ima have a lot fun when i get there........

i play guitar too and dont want to pay the airline any extra than i have too....

where could i find a good guitar? even metal steel string acoustic,,,,i doubt theyd have a good deal there.....0nly on nylons......gotta go shopping as well when i get down there........... oooohhh weeee can wait how many broads i get down with....lol

ranyrany, 24 Ene 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página