A Quiet Pub??? - Miraflores/San Isidro

Tema en 'Pubs & Discos' iniciado por RT Gooch, 30 May 2010.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Maybe someone could help me.

I'm looking for a quiet (non-hooker) pub in either Miraflores or San Isidro.

You know the type of place -- dark wood, low lights, not too noisy... somewhere quiet to meet a date before dinner and be able to actually talk to her.

Now, by quiet, I don't mean no customers. I'm just looking for somewhere with a 'calm' ambiance.... you know: tranquillo.

Thanks!

RT Gooch, 30 May 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

richard76

Recluta

0%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hi if you prefer one pub in Berlin in the fouth street are many interesting place and very nice

richard76, 31 May 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

gunslinger

PREMIER
    49%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hi RT,

I've been out of the scene for a while, but I would suggest you to look around San Isidro. You'll find quite a few high-end bars, ideal if you want to impress the girl (that is, if she's worth it).

Good luck,

Gunslinger

gunslinger, 31 May 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

carlos1955

Recluta

17%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I also will suggest a location in San Isidro called Bar Ole right beside Tanta just off the Ovalo and the church. Very nice place, good food, excellent service. I was just there last week and it has not changed at all.

carlos1955, 31 May 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Bar Ole sounded like just the kind of place that I was looking for, so I had my date meet me there at 8:00 pm on a Thursday night a couple of weeks ago.

She showed up on time (!) and we checked the place out. Carlos1955 was right... the place was just what I was looking for: quiet, clean, classy. The 0nly problem was that other people have heard about it, too, and there were no tables available, just seats at the bar.

We wound up walking a half block south (?) to the Sonesta Hotel el Olivar. We sat in the bar off of the lobby. It was a little less intimate, but it did the job. The waiter was attentive, my date said that her Pisco Sour was up to standards, and they left us alone to talk.

The drinks weren't cheap there. One Pisco Sour and a frozen Lemonade came to 24 sols. But it did the job, and in a pinch, it would work again.

When we left to get a taxi, the first 5 cabs tried to overcharge us to go back to Miraflores (they assumed that we were rich tourists leaving the hotel). The hotel taxis wanted 15 sols for the trip. We walked a few feet away from the front of the hotel, and got a reasonably-priced ride to dinner.

RT Gooch, 18 Jun 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Don_Bakunin

MASTER MEMBER
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Don_Bakunin, 21 Jun 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Another night, another date.

I met my date one night at La Esquina Winebar in Miraflores. The address is Calle Berlin #920, and it is easily found one block below cdra. 10 of Jose Pardo. It is big with all glass windows... you can't miss it.

We went on a Monday night and were one of the 0nly two tables occupied. If you're a wine fan, there were a lot of different choices in all different colors from all different countries in all price ranges. Glasses of wines ran from 12 to 26 sols, with bottles ranging form 50 to 125 sols.

I don't drink wine, so my date discussed her wants in great detail with the waiter, and they both agreed on a mid-priced red that was available by the glass. They poured her what appeared to be a health glassful, and she seemed pleased with her selection.

There was a limited food menu as well. We had a platter of cut up cheeses and sausages, which kept us happy until we left for dinner. The restaurant was fairly low-key. Either there was no music, or it was playing at a very low level.

The two glasses of wine, my two sodas, and the cheese/sausage plate came to a total of 80 sols, the food taking up 38 all by itself, so the wines and sodas were pretty reasonable. Our waiter knew when to talk to us and when to leave us alone.

In the right situation, I would not hesitate to return to the Esquina Winebar. I wouldn't stop off just for drinks, unless I was with a dedicated wine drinker.

Here's a link to their website. If you need to call them, their number is 242-2456.

RT Gooch, 21 Jun 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página