Wireless Internet

Tema en 'MISCELLANEOUS' iniciado por RT Gooch, 18 Jul 2006.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hello all. RT here.

For those of us who travel with our notebook computers, wireless internet access is plentiful in Lima.

The Telefonica people have a product called Speedy Wi-Fi, and it works really well. It is available at over 20 hotels in Lima (the Doubletree in Miraflores has a spacious lobby and a nice bar where you can work without being a hotel guest), The food court in LarcoMar is wi-fi enabled, as are the Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts stores. Kennedy/Central Parks in Miraflores work, too, but I had a problem with glare from the sun. The Lima airport has wi-fi just about anywhere you would be for any extended time period (food court, waiting area by the gates, VIP lounge).

If you go here, click on "Speedy Wi-Fi' on the left menu, and then click on 'Lugares de conexión', it gives you all the current access points.

The cost is $5 for 5 hours, and you can just boot up your computer and buy your time on-line. When you open your browser, it goes right to the Speedy home page. If you've ever filled out a form before, you can get through the procedure with little to no Spanish skills. There are cards available for sale, too, if you don't want to put your credit card info on the internet (I have experienced no problems). I have purchased cards at the Hotel Las Americas on Av. Benavides, and the large Cafe Britt store in the airport.

Additionally, I have sucked in 'free' wireless signals in Kennedy Park, my room at the Residencial Las Americas, and my room at the Inkari hotel in San Isidro, so you could just get lucky, too.

RT Gooch, 18 Jul 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

FEAR.COM

PREMIER
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Género:
    Masculino
    Profesión:
    Rasking ball
    Página Inicial:
    Hello visit this link,

http://www.speedy.com.pe/wf_lg.shtml

in this site can see a lot o places where u can have FREE wireless internet ;)

[​IMG]

- public areas
    - airports
    - coffes
    - malls
    - hotels ....
    ;)

FEAR.COM, 14 Oct 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

West_Wind

Recluta

20%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hey RT thanks for the info on Wireless.

One of the few downsides to the Hotel Los Americas Residecial when I was there that the wireless was 0nly available on the 5th floor. They will probably fix that soon.

west

West_Wind, 14 Oct 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

ComputerGuy

Recluta

97%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I'm on the 10th floor at the Residencial Las Americas right now and still no wireless but they have a hardwired 100 mbs connection which is fine for me.

ComputerGuy, 15 Oct 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

I was just at the Vivianda Supermarket on Av. Benevides (a block from the main Hotel Las Americas on Av. Larco, and they offer a free wireless connectioon in their second floor cafeteria, from 7 in the morning until either 10 or 11 at night.

It's a Speedy Wi-Fi spot, but there is no password required.

I'm not certain if the spots in Kronos' post above are free spots, or just places that have Speedy Wi-Fi connections. When I click through, I see the Parque Kennedy location, and I know that you have to pay there.

If someone with a better command of Spanish can check for us, that would be great.

RT Gooch, 22 Oct 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página