Trujillo Info, Please

Tema en 'SHOPPING & TRAVEL' iniciado por RT Gooch, 4 Jul 2011.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hello all. RT here.

I will be doing a side trip to Trujillo in August (I scored a $72.52 round trip fare with Taca).

I've done some research in the Spanish forum, and I have a couple of friends gathering some more information for me, but I think that you can never be too thorough. I always tell guys that write to me for info to also post their questions in the forum, so I am just taking my own advice.

Does anyone have any first-hand experience that they would like to share? The brothels and night clubs *seem* to be pretty well-covered, but it seems that hotel information (other than short-time places) is somewhat lacking. There are a couple of old posts from Homo_Lo_Gato (since retired) that cover clubs and a couple of hotels, and Juan Alimana filed a mini trip report back in 2008, but I am hoping for some more current news, if possible. Also, specific restaurant recommendations are VERY welcome... the higher-end, the better!

All input will be appreciated. I'm looking for something with wi-fi, near the town center, girl-friendly, clean and safe. Not too expensive is also a bonus.

Also, my understanding is that my Lima cell phone will work fine up there (I am a Claro customer). Is that correct? What prefix do I need for calls to land lines there?

Thanks in advance. If I am missing any other pertinent questions, feel free to tell me anything you think is important.

RT

RT Gooch, 4 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

electro

General

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Ingeniero
    You are correct, your claro phone will work alright.

The area code is 44, I have put a new thread with the list of all

area codes for future reference.

The natural hotel that comes in mind is the ex-hotel de turista

Pricey but all worth it.

electro, 4 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    I´m sure you are going to have a good time in Trujillo. It is a relatively big city that offers culture, fine hotels (3 to 5 stars), good restaurants and also a good supply of kines. During my brief stay a few years ago, I counted 3 brothels, and the local paper ¨la Industria¨had a whole page of independent kines offering their wares. After Lima, I´m pretty sure Trujillo is the city with the most and better kines in Peru. Most of the girls that I saw in the main and largest brothel looked as good as kines in Lima. Some of them had great bodies. If girls of that quality work in a whorehouse, independent providers must have similar or better attributes. Unfortunately I couldn´t sample any Trujillo talent during my short stay but hope that you have much better luck.

As in any large city, you have to take your precautions. I traveled solo, but next time I´ll go with a wingman. I found the city center, near Plaza de Armas clean and relatively safe. It reminded me of Lima center.

Hope you find enough info in the Spanish forum and on the web for a fun and safe trip. I wish I could go hunting with you. You love whores as much as I do and are a fun guy to hang out with, not to mention that you are a magnet for kines. :D

Juan Alimaña

Juan Alimaña, 5 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Thanks, JA. I will 0nly be there for two nights, so I am sure that I will manage to keep occupied ;).

I will be sure to report back!

RT Gooch, 6 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Pepe Gardin

Comandante

90%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Try Hotel Korianka in Pizarro street you can find in the web, very nice and cheap and very close to BADANIS Club, probably you will stay two nighys at BADANIS to eat there is a lot a good alternative is Moche or El Sombrero

Pepe Gardin, 6 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

sierrabenz99

Recluta

87%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I've stayed many times at the Libertador (ex Hotel de Turistas) on Trujillo's main plaza -- it's now very expensive but probably the best hotel in town, and it has a good restaurant. Another one to consider would be the Hotel el Golf -- not downtown but also very nice. But your best bet might be to stay in Trujillo's beach town, Huanchaco, about six or seven miles to the northwest. Huanchaco is very crowded in the summer (December to March) but fairly quiet the rest of the year. Good restaurants (although a couple are pretty touristy and overpriced) and lots of relatively inexpensive hostals. My current favorite is the "Caballitos de Tortora" right across the road from the beach, near the entrance to the town (if you make the right turn away from the beach, you've gone to far). If possible, get one of the larger rooms at the front on the second floor -- the one that I usually reserve has a large jacuzzi in one corner of the room, and a very comfortable king bed.

Incidentally, the QP chain is planning a hotel in Trujillo -- supposedly they have already bought the land but have not started construction.

sierrabenz99, 6 Jul 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

Compartir esta página