Shopping Mall recommendations in Lima

Tema en 'SHOPPING & TRAVEL' iniciado por joe1015, 9 Oct 2013.

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    If you are on vacation in Lima and would like to check out the local shopping mall vibe, I recommend checking out these two shopping malls, each has their own unique charm.

1. Larcomar in Miraflores

Highlights:

A. on the weekend there are plenty of hot women to admire.
    B. Located on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean (great views). The architect gets an A+ for designing
    this mall. The owner had some guts to build a mall on a cliff in a region that has plenty of seismic activity.
    C. plenty of food options for every budget (food court, casual dining american and peruvian chain restaurants, fine dining, coffee and ice cream joints)
    D. has a movie theatre, video arcade and a bowling alley (i think the bowling alley is still open ?)
    E. there is a mini-supermarket called Wong's
    F. there is a bicycle rental shack so you can ride around the malecon
    G. every taxi knows where Larcomar is, there is parking space for a fee if you drive there.
    H. women enjoy a date at the mall mixed in with food, drink and strutting around with your hot chica
    I. did I mention that there are plenty of hot women to admire ? Diablito

2. Jockey Plaza in Surco Monterrico

Highlights:

A. on the weekends there are plenty of hot women to admire. On weekdays during lunch hour, the place is loaded with university chicks strolling thru since the University of Lima is located across the street.
    B. this is one of the largest and upscale malls in Lima.
    C. the food court is quite large, there are plenty of options to chose from. There is a part of the mall dedicated to casual dining options and the selection is quite varied from american chain and peruvian chain restuarants. there are plenty of coffee and ice cream places.
    D. has a movie theater and video arcade. There is a place for little kids call Divercity (never been inside but i heard it is an indoor amusement park)
    E. There are several department stores, a large hardware store called Sodimac(similar to home depot and Lowe's). there are two super wal-mart chain stores called Plaza Vea and Tottus(both have grocery stores)
    F. every taxi knows where Jockey Plaza is, there is parking space for a fee if you drive there.
    G. women enjoy a date at the mall mixed in with food, drink and strutting around with your hot chica
    H. did I mention the hot university chicks and that there are plenty of hot women to admire especially on weekends ? :p

joe1015, 9 Oct 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho, Juan Alimaña y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I went to Jockey Plaza a couple of weeks ago, for maybe the first time.

As Joe says above, it's a REALLY nice mall. Easily comparable to the upscale ones here in South Florida.

Anything you want to eat; anything you want to buy -- it's there. I counted THREE Adidas stores. :D

It's very different than the rest of Lima. I want to say that the Rich People need somewhere to go, but the mall was packed with people, and there's no way there are THAT MANY rich people in Lima.

So if you need a fix of 'fancy,' then Jockey Plaza is for you.

RT Gooch, 3 Ene 2016

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Juan Alimaña le gusta esto.

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    How is the traffic getting there from . . . . let's say Miraflores?

Juan Alimaña, 5 Ene 2016

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    on a sunday, which is the lightest traffic day, it is a 15 minute commute. during rush hour, it can take between 30 to 45 minutes.

joe1015, 5 Ene 2016

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Juan Alimaña, Jack Jericho y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios

I took the family there on a Sunday afternoon. Traffic was moderate. The taxi fare is 18 soles from/to Miraflores.

Juan Alimaña, 10 Ago 2016

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho le gusta esto.

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    REAL PLAZA SALAVERRY
    Av. General Felipe Salaverry No. 2370
    Jesus Maria, Lima
    Hours: 10:00 a.m to 10:00 p.m.
    https://realplaza.pe/salaverry/tiendas/

This a nice mall relatively close to Miraflores. It's about a 20 minute taxi ride from Larcomar.

Juan Alimaña, 3 Sep 2018

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

Compartir esta página