El Hornero / Chorrillos /Steaks

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 1 Ago 2011.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    El Hornero
    Malecon Miguel Grau 983
    Chorrillos - 251-8109 467-1721
    Mon-Sat: Noon-Midnight Sunday: Noon-6 pm
    Two other locations in La Molina and San Isidro
    Link to thread in Spanish Forum

[​IMG]

RT here. I have been meaning to try out El Hornero for some time (a friend recommended it years ago), but I never had the opportunity. Last trip, I finally had a chance to check them out.

We showed up on a weeknight at around 8pm; the restaurant was about one-quarter full. It was your standard peruvian steakhouse, with lots of wood, white linen tablecloths, and waiters in suits.

The menu had both domestic and imported beef choices, ranging from about 40 soles to around 100, depending on cut, size, and country of origin. For me, if I wanted American beef, I wouldn't have gotten on a plane and flew all the way to Peru.

My friend and I chose the mixed parrilla. This dish came with some anticuchos a couple of types of sausage, chicken breast, pork chops and two or three cuts of beef.

The dish was served with a beautiful and delicious salad, and french fries. My buddy and I gorged ourselves on the various meats, and despite our best efforts, there were leftovers (the doorman at my apartment building was thrilled). Everything was very, very good, and the service was attentive without having the guys all over us the entire meal.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We passed on coffee and dessert. The check, including the cover charge, parrilla, pitcher of frozen lemonade, and two soft drinks came to 128 soles. Yes, you can eat much more cheaply in Lima, but I felt that we got our $50 worth there. I would repeat.

[​IMG]

RT Gooch, 1 Ago 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho le gusta esto.

elchino-rosas

Platinium Member

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    pUTERO
    The grill itself is delicious , at least 4 types of meat in different cuts, the salad is great and the good french fries accompanied with sauces . A very comfortable place to dine in front of the malecon and you can leave your vehicle there is outside of the local monitoring chaufa people

elchino-rosas, 28 Mar 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho, Juan Alimaña y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Lima has lots of steak restaurants and I have eaten at most of them. El Hornero gets my repeat business. I've eaten at the locations in La Molina(the largest), San isidro, chorillos and Barranco(newest location). Their steaks and salsa de aji are consistent at all locations. Bring your wallet. This is a high end quality steak place. When I'm in the mood for steak, I am prepared to pay the 75 soles for the american grade of beef (350 gram portion). I normally choose their bife de chorizo(new york strip), or the bife ancho(rib eye) or the entrana(or churrasco skirt steak). it comes with a side of white rice or fries. bottom line, when I slice the beef and taste it, it is worth every penny.

joe1015, 8 Oct 2013

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    El Hornero's prices have increased to 85-90 soles for a half portion of american grade beef. The full sized portions of steak now costs in the ballpark of 110 soles. the inflation is ridiculous. on a sidenote: their desserts cost 19 soles. I ate their strawberry cheesecake recently and it was good, but not quite on par with an authentic new york style cheesecake. Let me point out that most cheesecakes served in Lima resemble something like a half mousse and half cheesecake mix. I should start attaching pics of the dishes like RT does, since I eat out every week...

joe1015, 9 Jun 2015

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho, Juan Alimaña y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    July 12, price correction, El Hornero restaurant, La Molina location, half portion of rib eye steak 86 soles, full portion 99.50 soles, strawberry cheesecake 19 soles. Sorry for the mistaken quote of 110 soles in the previous post regarding the full portion price. The attached pic is the half portion of rib eye. I got my cheesecake in a to-go box because I was already full from the steak meal. Ver el archivo adjunto 61815 Ver el archivo adjunto 61816

joe1015, 12 Jul 2015

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

joe1015

Soldado

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    El Hornero's steak price update as of April 3, 2016, Barranco Location:
    Media porcion de bife de chorizo (new york strip cut) is still 86.50 soles. The quality and taste of the steak was the same as usual. See my pic in previous post for illustration of steak.
    The dessert price is still 19 soles.

joe1015, 3 Abr 2016

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y Juan Alimaña les gusta esto.

Compartir esta página