Las Suites / Miraflores

Tema en 'HOTELS AND HOSTELS IN PERU' iniciado por RT Gooch, 27 Nov 2006.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Las Suites Apart Hotel
    Av. Grau #466, Miraflores
    447-9000
    http://www.suitesaparthotel.com/

PROS:
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Inexpensive: I paid about $35 for the Senior Suite. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Chica-Friendly: When I came home at night and got my key at the front desk, the clerk didn't bat an eyelash at the chica with me. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Good Location: It's about a ten minute slow walk to the Pizza Alley/Parque Central area, and five minutes to the Vivianda Supermarket on Av. Pardo. [/FONT]
    • Quiet Street
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Air Conditioner: Not always available at the lower-end hotels [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Internet: After setting up a static IP, there's internet in the room. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Electronic Safe in Room[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
    CONS:
    [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]No Blackout Windows: The light comes in early.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Small Room: Yes, it's a suite with a seperate sitting area and kitchenette. But it's small. Not tiny, but small. I tried to pay the difference and upgrade to an Executive Suite, but there were none available, so I didn't get to look at one. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Older Hotel: Not really run-down, but it is not a new and shiny property.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Room is Slightly Musty: I had to buy some incense. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]You Get What You Pay For: I came back to the room one afternoon to find that they had switched out my hot water heater, evidently to one that didn't work (the one that was in there leaked slightly - no big issue for me). [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I reported it when I left for dinner and was told by the girl at the desk, "no problem, we will get right on it." When I returned at midnight, the guy at the desk had no clue about this (or pretty much anything), but he insisted that the security guy go up with me. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]So I had some security guy in my room at midnight Saturday (prime mongering time). He turned on the hot water, put his hand under it, and then announced that my hot water didn't work. I don't know the Spanish version of "no shit," so I just threw him out. All the front desk guy kept saying was that he was sorry. I agreed with him. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]The next morning, I went to the front desk. Of course, being Sunday, there was no maintenance guy, but I told them that even if there was, I didn't want to waste my vacation hoping that they fix my hot water, and I want a new room, or two nights money back so I can move somewhere else. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]In the girl at the desk's defense, she understood why I was upset, and she took the initiative to put me in a new room.
    [/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Plumbing Issue: The showers in both rooms drain real slowly, so you're standing in dirty water, and there were a few roaches in the first room. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]There's some sort of restaurant on the 9th floor, and breakfast might be included -- I don't know. I went up there to get some hot water for tea, and they were very accommodating. There is a room service menu in my room, and they claim to be open from 6:30 in the morning to 10:00 pm. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
    [/FONT]

RT Gooch, 27 Nov 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Final update: When I left for dinner last night, both the day desk clerk (the good one) and the night girl (the liar) were there. I was pleasant to the day girl and just stared at the night girl.

I guess that they discussed it after I left, because when I returned at 11:00, the night girl offered me room service breakfast (as close to an apology as I was going to get, I suppose). A nice gesture. We discussed the time, figuring that I had to check out at 7:30, so they would send breakfast at 7:00.

7:00 am rolls around and no breakfast. I put off my shower to wait. 7:10, nothing. 7:20, nothing again. Just as I finish cursing and start to jump in the shower, the door knocks at 7:25. It's the guy with breakfast. Totally useless.

I don't eat and go downstairs to check out. The 'good' clerk is there. No hassles, except that she wanted me to pay for the rooms, even though I prepaid through my travel agency. Again, she's good. When I told her that I prepaid, she just asked me what agency, and tore up the credit card slip, and told me to have a good trip. She didn't make me stand there for an hour while she made a thousand phone calls. If I had a business in Lima, I would hire this girl -- the hotel doesn't deserve her.

So, in conclusion, I do not recommend this hotel, unless you want to stay there and tell them that you prepaid when checkout time comes around. At that price, it is probably not a bad value.
    [/FONT]

RT Gooch, 27 Nov 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

jes1959

Recluta

3%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo: