Cebicheria El Pez On / Santa Catalina

Tema en 'Food and Restaurants' iniciado por RT Gooch, 2 Jun 2007.

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    El Pez On
    Av. Canada #1399
    and
    Honorio Delgado #106
    Santa Catalina
    226-4123 and 226-0614
    (I am guessing that they are 0nly open in the afternoon)
    http://www.elpez-on.com/

OK, let's straighten out the confusing part first: there are two of them (about 150 feet apart) because they were doing so well, they wanted to expand. When they couldn't enlarge the first restaurant, they just opened another, basically right next door.

I understand why they felt the need to expand. The food and service are excellent. I visited on a Saturday afternoon, and both restaurants were full (a table opened up just as I was walking in).

This is your basic, go out with the family type, cebicheria: all your basic fish & seafood dishes are available. They're all made to order, and based on my two dishes and the folks around me, everything is excellent. There was a birthday party (balloons and everything!) at the table right next to me. I even think that they have a kids' menu.

While I was reading the menu, the waitress brought out a free appetizer of fried wantons. I'm not sure how or why they showed up in a cebiche place, but they were fresh and delicious.
    [​IMG]

I ordered way too much food (as usual). First, I had the tiradito (a close cousin of cebiche, but without the onions). I ordered it tres al hilo (in three different sauces). I'm not sure what the sauces were, but the red was my favorite, followed by the white, and then the yellow. I would order both the red and the white again. None were overly spicy.
    [​IMG]

My second dish was a parihuela. I order this seafood soup almost everywhere, and I am always happy. Here was no different. It was excellent.
    [​IMG]

The total bill came to 46.5 soles ($15). I could have easily just gotten by with one main dish, but everything looked too good to pass up.
    [​IMG]

I strongly recommend this (these?) restaurant(s?). It's worth hopping in a cab from Miraflores, but since you're already in Santa Catalina, it would be an excellent follow-up to a visit to either of the Relax & Vida locatons.

RT Gooch, 2 Jun 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

chefny

Recluta

17%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Hi Rt,I'm glad my info to this place like it very much.
    this a very nice restaurant I surprise not many cofrades knows this place.Well,very soon I'll let you know another place where you can eat deliciuos and very reasonable price.See you.....

chefny, 4 Jun 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I was on Av. Del Ejercito today and I saw what appears to be a new branch of Pez On being put together. It was right on the corner of Ejercito (cuadra 1 or 2). The address might very well be #200.

There was no one to ask, but if this is true, it will be a welcome addition to Miraflores!

RT Gooch, 6 Sep 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Well, I was wrong -- the place has been open for a couple of months now (I walked by this afternoon). It was the sign still covered that tricked me.

Same owners, same menu -- a location better suited to visiting mongers. Av. Del Ejercito (cdra 2).
    [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 7 Sep 2007

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I stopped by El Pez On in Santa Catalina two weeks ago.

First off, one of their two side-by-side locations is now an empty lot. (Click on all thumbnails for a larger image)

[​IMG]

Luckily, they had room for me in the remaining one.

They added something to their menu: Fritobiche. It's just what it sounds like: fried cebiche. Both the fish chunks and the onions were lightly breaded and quick fried, and it was served with the standard cebiche lime juice. I also had the chupe de camarones; both items were delicious.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The check came to 53.50 soles. Did I need to spend $18 on lunch? Of course not. I'd like to say that I didn't eat much for dinner that night, but I would be lying to you.

Aside from the original location, El Pez On has branches in La Marina, Miraflores, and I believe that the closed shop has moved somewhere else in La Victoria, so getting a seat at one of their restaurants shouldn't be a problem. And -- trust me -- that's a good thing!

RT Gooch, 23 Mar 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Ness, Juan Alimaña y gunslinger les gusta esto.

Ness

Sargento

30%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Very very well all of your news about this restaurant 5 ***** PEZ-ON , well i will visit this days. i love cebiche so much.

Ness, 30 Mar 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

dtaylor1972

Soldado

7%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:

Of note .. If you can speak some passable spanish, just 10 blocks from here off of Av. Canada is "La Rosa Toro" (in San Luis).

This street (mainly the 1st block) has some great Cebicheria's, and cheap ! Best to go for lunch when it's fresh !

dtaylor1972, 18 Abr 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A RT Gooch le gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Pescado Saltado and Cebiche:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 21 Abr 2010

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

The location on Av. Del Ejerecito in Miraflores has closed... they were working on it last week, and it appears that it will be a different restaurant.

All hope is not lost, El Pez On opened a new Miraflores branch, and this one is more centrally located. It is on Av. San Martin #537, between Larco and Alacanfores. For reference, Punto Azul is on the corner of San Martin & Alcanfores. Facing Punto Azul, Pez On is a half block to the right. They open at noon, according to the guy in the left-hand corner of the photo.

El Pez On is a destination all on its own, and now that it shares a block with one of my other favorite cevicherias right in Miraflores, there aren't a lot of reasons to take a taxi far and wide for your pescado/mariscos fix.
    [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 30 Ene 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y Mik88 les gusta esto.

Compartir esta página