Taxis to & from the airport in Lima???

Tema en 'SHOPPING & TRAVEL' iniciado por Richard Xtreme, 27 Jun 2008.

Richard Xtreme

Cabo

30%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    What is the average cost from the Airport Jorge Chavez to Miraflores ? Thank you.......

Richard Xtreme, 27 Jun 2008

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

user46

Oficial

90%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    If this is your first time in Peru, the safest is taking Taxi Green which is the company that works inside the airport, you'll find them on the right hand side after exiting the baggage claim area. Their fares are a little bit pricey but not by that much. I just checked their web site (Tarifas- Taxi Green) and they charge 45 soles (US$15.00) from the Airport Jorge Chavez to Miraflores.

HBL.

user46, 28 Jun 2008

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

MODERADOR GLOBAL MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. That was a great recommendation, HBL... thanks.

Normally, I travel alone and just go past the taxi touts and grab a cab in the drop-off lane. It's much cheaper than the US$20 that the touts ask for. But I am a frequent visitor and have some experience in J. Chavez airport, and I speak some Spanish.

Last trip, I brought my mom with me on vacation. She's a little older and not as adventurous as I am, so it was good to have Taxi Green as an option.

As HBL said, the price was the posted 45 Soles, the dispatcher was easy to find and spoke some English. The cab was new and clean, the driver was as safe as could be hoped for in Lima, and he even stopped at a gas station so mom and I could get a cold drink.

I won't use their service when I arrive alone, but for a first- (or even second-) time visitor, I can recommend Taxi Green as a viable way to get from the airport to Miraflores. Here's my receipt:
    [​IMG]

RT Gooch, 14 Jul 2008

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. Sometimes, it's who you know.

Before I left for the airport this afternoon, I had lunch with an old friend.

After, we got my bags at the apartment, and he offered to ask the driver for a price. The best I usually bargain down to is 25 soles from Miraflores to the airport. Without batting an eyelash, this guy looks at me and says, "22"!!!!!

It's 0nly a dollar, but the ride to the airport was a little less sad than usual.

RT Gooch, 9 Nov 2009

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. I have re-thought my policy on taxis to and from the airport.

I used to walk to the drop-off area and negotiate with a taxista there. I usually wound up paying 25-30 soles to Miraflores using that method.

A few trips ago, I decided that I am at my most vulnerable when coming and going from the airport. I have my computer with me, as well as plenty of cash. Those are both things that I have a vested interest in not losing.

I now use Taxi Green every time I arrive. The 45 sol price is 0nly about $5 more than I can negotiate, and I figured that five bucks was well-spent as an 'insurance' policy.

Returning to the airport is a little trickier, but what I have done is walked to a hotel near my apartment and talked to the hotel taxi guys. They are at many hotels, and are very safe. I ask about a ride to the airport, tell them no, thanks when they quote me 70 soles, and we finally agree on 50. To me, it is worth it.

This morning, I returned from my weekend in Trujillo, and I had very little with me (one small bag), so I decided to try my old method. The two drivers I spoke with told me that they were cracking down on this type of pick-ups, and declined to take me home. I finally negotiated a 35-sol rate with the 'taxi, taxi' guys. They're slightly more official than random taxi drivers, but not as *real* as the taxi companies on property, so I guess that still remains an option.

RT Gooch, 22 Ago 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A iceman1 le gusta esto.

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    I have had good luck walking all the way down to the "Salidas Nacionales" exit and taking a cab there (the rate was 20-25 soles). But lately they want to charge 35 soles to Miraflores. So I might as well just take the Taxi Green.

Juan Alimana

Juan Alimaña, 7 Sep 2011

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    Bad Experience with Taxi Green - Dishonest Driver

Our driver deliberately hid one of our bags under the seat and as we reached our destination, we missed it and the driver quickly closed the van's door and left. Within seconds I noticed we were missing one bag and called Taxi Green. No one answered the phone listed on the receipt. I had to take another cab back to the airport to recover my bag. At the airport Taxi Green counter, the attendant notified the driver via Nextel and the driver agreed to take my bag back to my apartment. However, he charged me another 15 soles for his trouble claiming it was my fault!

Lesson learned - DO NOT TRUST THESE DRIVERS

Juan Alimaña, 29 Jun 2015

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y RT Gooch les gusta esto.

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here.

Despite Juan's warning, I took Taxi Green tonight from the airport.

The driver was courteous and safe, and the car was new-ish. The fare is up to 60 soles, but considering the exchange rate, it's still not bad. And I have all my stuff with me, and I'm not wandering around, trying to get somewhere when I am at my most vulnerable.

RT Gooch, 29 Nov 2015

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho le gusta esto.

Deathangel007

Teniente

27%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    For Juan... you shouldn't have paid those last 15 soles

When you seriously feel someting in the service is pretty unfair to you, you can ask for something called "libro de reclamaciones" in every service/store/mall to put your claim about something you dont agree.

Deathangel007, 7 Dic 2015

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

A Jack Jericho y Juan Alimaña les gusta esto.

Juan Alimaña

Platinium Member

62%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Profesión:
    Negocios
    Thanks, Death. I didn't know about the "libro de reclamaciones."

I used the Taxi Green one more time from the Llegadas Nacionales and the fare is also 60 soles to Miraflores.

Another great option is to use Easy Taxi if you have the App. I was charged 40 soles from Miraflores to the airport, and the polite driver told me that they can pick me up from the airport for the same rate plus the parking fee (about 5 soles). They won my business.

Juan Alimaña, 16 Dic 2015

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

RT Gooch

GOLDEN BOY MEMBER

Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    RT here. When I arrived last week, I noticed three other counters that had '60 Sols to Miraflores' signs displayed. I went to the one with the shortest line (one person), gave the girl my name and my money, and seconds later, the driver and I were on our way out of the airport.

I usually use Taxi Green from the airport (and the TaxiBeat App on the way home), but it's nice to have other options when you arrive at the same time as 6437986798 other flights.

RT Gooch, 16 Mar 2017

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Scopata

Recluta

37%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    As it is never been posted before, I would like to share with the comunity the new service of Airport Lima Express.

It has been in service for a year or so, and it works from the Airport to Miraflores 0nly, no intermediate stops.

I don't believe it is useful for someone who comes with many bags, or family travelling, BUT, if you travel alone and your hotel/house is near to one of the bus stops, and you do not mind to walk for a couple of blocks, you can get a return ticket for 15$ / 48 Soles. It stops at Pardo, Shell, Hilton, Larcomar (Marriot) and Crown Plaza.

I used a couple of weeks ago to accompany a friend of mine to the airport and it's totally safe.
    When you travel from the Airport to Miraflores there is a dedicated guy who controls when people pick up baggages.

Also, it is never really full, I don't know how they can be profitable, to be honest, so no risk of loosing something in the rush.

I leave you here the link, so you can have a look by yourself
    https://www.airportexpresslima.com/

Scopata, 29 Ene 2019

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Jack Jericho

MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

31%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Well, It seems to me that it is almost as expensive as a taxi... How could they not be profitable?

Jack Jericho, 30 Ene 2019

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Scopata

Recluta

37%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    I'm not an expert but there are buses every hour, and I never seen them full, max 20 people on board.
    And 48 soles is the price of a return ticket, if I remember correctly you pay that money to get to miraflores one way 0nly.
    That's was just my humble opinion.

Scopata, 4 Feb 2019

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Isabel Peligrosa

Recluta

60%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Género:
    Femenino
    Hi there, do you have services like Uber in Lima?

Isabel Peligrosa, 9 Jul 2020

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Jack Jericho

MODERADOR MASTER MEMBER Cuenta Verificada

Warrior

31%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Yes, of course
    You have Uber, Taxi Beat and some others.

Jack Jericho, 16 Jul 2020

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

mariabork

Usuario Baneado.

BANEADO
    57%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Género:
    Femenino
    ¿Me puede recomendar un taxista privado en Perú?

mariabork, 28 Feb 2022

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página