Bus Traveling Outside Lima

Tema en 'SHOPPING & TRAVEL' iniciado por Homo_Lo_Gato, 11 Dic 2006.

Homo_Lo_Gato

MASTER MEMBER
    75%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Acechando, oculto, en la selva de cemento.
    It's been said that traveling by bus is extremely dangerous in Perú due to the "startling number of horrific bus crashes" (in the words of our friend ComputerGuy).

As is usual in these cases, it is neither entirely true nor entirely false.

Main problem with bus travel, in Peru, is that there are a lot of small not-quite-legal bus companies which do not comply with legal and safety regulations; but they are cheap and I mean Cheap.

An example: If traveling by bus to Trujillo, you can choose the VIP service of Linea, the VIP service of Oltursa, the Cruzero service of Cruz del Sur or the Royal Class Service of Ormeno. Any of them will cost around US$ 30.00 for the 8 Hour non-stop trip and they will offer you a fully reclinable, very wide (3 across), VIP coach, where you can really sleep; plus dinner (or breakfast), bar, etc. Some of them will offer you on-line reservations and free delivery of your travel ticket to your hotel. And their buses have safety cameras w/recorder, speed recorder, speed limiter and proximity radar, so they are very VERY safe.

Of course you can choose any bus at the "Terminal Terrestre" that for just about US$ 5.00 will take you, maybe to Trujillo, or maybe... to a much warmer place Diablito

Here are the links to the web sites of three of the four best bus companies of Peru:

-Transportes Línea : http://www.transporteslinea.com.pe
    -Transportes Olano : http://www.oltursa.com.pe/portal/index.jsp?op=1
    -Transportes Cruz del Sur : http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/inicio.php
    (Transportes Ormeno's site is not working)

There are a couple more new good companies but I haven't tried them so I cannot recommend them.

Homo_Lo_Gato, 11 Dic 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

ComputerGuy

Recluta

97%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Wow, great info, thanks. I stand corrected. I actually prefer riding the bus because you get to see a lot more. If they could just build one with a spa in it that would be perfect. :D

ComputerGuy, 11 Dic 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

drais

MASTER MEMBER
    100%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Género:
    Masculino
    Profesión:
    ABOGADO
    I would like to recommend the Presidential service of TEPSA. Last August I rode this service to go back home after winter holidays. It is different from the services offered by other companies because it makes a dinning stop at a programmed hotel or restaurant. Four months ago, travelling back home, it stopped at the Camana Tourist hotel to dine comfortably. You can take a walk and have a cigarrete break. The fleet is composed of one - level Buses with large and comfortable seats. It cost me roughly 25 dollars.

Drais

drais, 12 Dic 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Homo_Lo_Gato

MASTER MEMBER
    75%
    Me Gusta recibidos:
    Puntos de trofeo:
    Acechando, oculto, en la selva de cemento.
    Homo_Lo_Gato, 12 Dic 2006

¿Quieres

Caletitas Reales
    Mejor Contenido
    Más Diversión

?

Compartir esta página